OT ~ Needing Surgery!

momofsix
on 5/7/11 5:40 am - Pinckney, MI

Well, I just found out the other day from my urologist, that my bladder has indeed fallen.  I was pretty sure this was the case obviously, that is why I went to him.  Anyway, I am in need of a bladder lift/suspension.  I first have to go through this horrible testing to measure my bladder and how well I can empty it, to see if I need anything else done or if that is it.  So that testing is scheduled for June 3rd, then after that we will schedule the surgery.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this, but after having six kids and being so overweight and obese for so long, my bladder is shot and I am sick and tired of peeing my pants, lol.... So it really needs to be done.  I guess this is a good thing.  I will keep you all posted on when I will actually have the surgery and then how things go afterward.

HUGS to ALL,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 12:03 am - Washington, MI
I went through the urodynamic testing a  few years ago and yes I  was mortified but the nurse who did it said it was routine and her bedside manner was a  huge relief for me. In my case my bladder hadn't fallen but just wasn't emptying completely so  put a  cough, sneeze or a  good belly laugh in there and  leakage happened. I  ended up getting a  medtronic interstem bladder implant. I love it!
momofsix
on 5/9/11 11:26 am - Pinckney, MI

I have both issues going on.... Tons of leakage because of the fallen bladder, urgency, and the problem with not being able to empty my bladder.  Hopefully they will hook me up and I will be all better by mid-summer....

My test for the bladder is June 3rd, so after that I will get a surgery date....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Christina K.
on 6/3/11 11:11 pm - Saginaw, MI

So sorry, but at  least you have an answer and a solution to the issue. My aunt had it done and was up and around about 2 weeks later, (maybe sooner... we don't talk much) but as far as I know they put in a sling and she was good to go.... Hoping yours heals fast :) 

On my status shuffle for my FB page, I had it posted once as "sneezing for a pregnant woman is  like playing Russian Roulette, you never know what your gonna get" LOL  thought it was cute and you could relate, 6 kids and all....  :) 

Best to you
Christina

Eli Mathius arrived June 19, 2011
Conner Ryan    8-2-2010 
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too Beautiful For Earth" -- Love you sweet boy...

Lilypie - (1WuT)

Daisypath - (JXAL)

Most Active
Recent Topics