Sad...gaining weight, grazing and more

theelopers
on 6/25/12 9:53 am - Glendale, AZ
I am in a funk and not sure what to do from here.  I have gained back about 15 pounds which is NOT what I want to do! 

I find myself grazing at night.  I find it hard to eat all my protein first.  Ugh!    I find I can eat almost everything without .  There are only a few things that I can't eat.

I miss my local support group. 

I DO drink enough liquid, eat enough protein, take my vitamins everyday.

I am two and a half years out and want to lose the 15 I gained PLUS another 50 but not sure where to go from here! 

!!!!  How can I get back and get on to where I want to be????  

HW: 336      BW:323     CW:265     GW:180

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

Theresa C.

boxermom
on 6/26/12 2:06 am - MI
well, you took the first step and that is wanting to change your situation.  i would say take small steps.  first, add walking or a small bit of exercise to your daily routine.  start with 5 mins then go to 10 then 15 mins after a couple and before you know it, you are up to a half hour with in a week or so.

i graze at night too so thats hard for me to suggest ideas for.  anyone want to jump in???  I also think that we are wayyy past the stage of dumping and we can tolerate almost all foods now.  i dont think they tell you that part of the surgery can be just a temporary deterrent......

You may not find a local support group, but find a group of people you can walk and talk with.  i joined a dog walking group last week and already met up with them over the weekend.  find something that interests you.  maybe geo-caching for the excitement!  sometimes just keeping the mind busy can keep the extra food out of the mouth.

good luck

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Brandi Girl
on 6/26/12 11:05 pm
WLS on 10/18/11
 I'm sorry your having issue's now. This was my biggest fear before I had surgery and it continues to be a fear after my surgery. I always felt that losing the weight would not be the hard part, it would be keeping it off. I am still "new" to WLS, so I can not give you advise on how to handle this. But on the days that I do find myself extra hungry for some reason I do a few things to help handle the grazing. First, I drink extra amounts of water. Even if I have no feeling of thirst. Second, I come to this site and read and look at before and after photo's. Sounds silly but to see others who have come so far or to remind me of where I never want to go back to really helps me. Third, not sure if this is a good idea for others but I look up receipes online. I try to find healthy new meal idea's. That way I can not get bored with same old meals and at the same time I am reminding myself that healthy options are best. I know when you are hungry looking at food or thinking about it may not be a good idea, but my thought is that we may not REALLY be hungry when grazing. It may just be bordom? Fourth, I plan my meals at least a day in advance. I know what I am going to eat for each meal and snacks. I try to space my meals and snacks out enough that I never have to go more than 2 hours or so without being able to eat something. I dont know if these 'tricks' will still work for me when I am as far out as you are. I wish you luck and hope you are able to get back in control of your grazing. You have come so far in your journey!! Don't give up now:-)

Nancy B.
on 6/27/12 7:22 am
It is always hard to keep it off. However, you are doing good thing by staying on top of it. One of the things I do when I get cravings or want to eat at night is going back to the basics.  The reason I do this is because for me it helps me reset my mind and stomach that I don't need the extra food. Also, when I am in a funk I journal what I am eating so I am aware of the stuff and calories that I am putting into my body. I was in a funk this last year to not wanting to exercise and I was gaining a little weight too. So this summer I joined the Crim walking program and have also walked some 5K's. I don't know if there is anything like that in your area but getting out and walking with people is a great way to stay motivated.
dani02
on 7/3/12 9:55 pm - Utica, MI
Night grazing!!! That is hard for me also. For me it is boredom.

Sometimes it is easier just to go to bed.

What exercise program do you do?

Your not alone
Dani
pineview01
on 7/12/12 4:56 pm, edited 7/12/12 5:00 pm - Davison, MI
The night time is hardest for me too.  The band has made it worst as You can't get anything down until late afternoon.

I have started journaling everything I eat on a website and coming here to read.  If needed I
have the TV on too.  I try keeping my hands busy typing.  Can't eat than.  And seeing what is going into my mouth adding up makes it real.

Doing this has really help keep me from doing big damage at night.  Finally started to get
some of the regain from being unfilled a couple times back off.

Good luck.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics