Newbie here....need a world of questions answered

artist4life92768
on 1/18/14 2:48 pm, edited 1/20/14 12:24 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Hi all! I have a ton of questions and would love some people to chat with.

Some of the questions I have are....

Does anyone have a recommendation of a surgeon who takes Medicaid?

What suggestions do you have that I can start doing on my own to prove to the insurance company that I am serious (diet and excercise related)?

I know that a good letter to the insurance company helps the cause, but are there any other documents/records I should gather?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank a bunch, Stacy

itsmelori
on 2/15/14 12:31 am

HI Stacy,  A friend had wls a few months ago and highly recommends Sparrow. Im not quite sure if they take only medicaid as she has medicaid and medicare. It might be worth checking into. She said they have excellent care and support. 

When I had my wls, I had to have approval from a psychiatrist for the insurance co.. He asked the questions to find out how serious I was and gave a letter of recommendation to them for the surgery. The other documents you should submit is any Drs. visits for diets, diet information, weight loss help. Or and names of diet programs you have tried.  I hope this information will help you. ~ Lori

dkennedy89
on 3/26/14 11:37 am - Southfield, MI

Hi Stacy,

I had weight loss surgery in 2011 and unfortunately for me I just happened to be in the 1% of people that do not tolerate the surgery because I have been sick every since my original surgery. Which has led to other surgeries. I ended up getting a referral to another surgeon at U of M Hospital. He is a really good surgeon. I really trust his opinion over my original surgeon. He has been great for me as well as U of M hospital staff while I was there. His name is Dr. Finks. If you need any more information please feel free to contact me. BUT the one and biggest suggestion that I would tell you is do as much research as you can to make sure this is the right thing for you and your life because once its done theres no going back. I did a huge amount of research and thought I was set and opted to get the sleeve. Unfortunately for me I do regret my decision but I have heard many many success stories so it does really work however you really don't know what your situation is going to be until its to late so just make sure your really ready for anything good or bad that could come of your decision.

Thanks! And Good Luck!

Denise

Most Active
Recent Topics