Iron and Calcium

Farrah W
on 3/29/11 11:16 am - Tallahassee, FL
Anyone hear something about this? Is it true??

http://shop.bariatriceating.com/Journey-Bariatric-Easy-Complete-Multiformula-CAPSULES-All-in-One-vitamins-Bs-Iron-Calcium--30-days_p_447.html

“We are told to not take our calcium and iron together but that assumes ordinary iron and calcium. Journey uses more efficacious, patented, Albion chelated minerals. The molecules of Journey iron and calcium are like M&M’s – the candy shell surrounds the chocolate center much like the amino acid protein shell surrounds the mineral molecule; the chocolate in the green M&M doesn’t touch the chocolate in the yellow M&M; and therefore they don’t stick together or interact. These forms are also more efficiently absorbed so we can take and process less for a greater net result." – Susan Maria Leach, successful 9-year RNY post-op, author Before & After, and President of BariatricEating.com the number-one bariatric provider for over 7 years.

Please spay and neuter your pets!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 10:08 pm - Clear Lake, MN
I always take my Calcium alone and 2 hours after anything else.....
catasteams
on 3/31/11 10:32 pm - Big Lake, MN
sound kinda hooey to me.........might be wrong. I am Like Kelly, I take it at least 2 hrs apart.

Darla S.
on 4/1/11 12:11 am - Maple Grove, MN
I think comparing this product to M&M's is just plain devious.

I know there are ways to time taking our supplements to achieve optimal benefit, but I'm just not a highly regimented person.  I do stagger my calcium throughout the day, but everything else I just take in the morning.

My favorite nurse once told me - if you aren't inclined to set a timer or plan your vitamin consumption over the course of the day, it's more important to just get them IN, than to not take them because your timing is off.

Or something like that...

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1451 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1179 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2649 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2724 views