Seeking Plastic Surgeon in Jackson Area

Shelley J.
on 5/17/09 8:33 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
 I have done search after search and have been unable to come up with docs in the Jackson area who work with post-WLS patients.  Though I saw some listed on OH, few have many patients.  If anyone has someone to recommend I would love to hear from you! 

I am looking for a TT and BL (possible BA).  Cash patient - so cost does matter - but quality of work (and experience with post - WLS) is more important.

Thanks in advance! 

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

kmrmagic
on 5/18/09 12:20 am - Jackson, MS
I had a lower body lift and arms done last August by Dr. Mani-Sundram. We call him Dr. Mani. I met him when he did a presentation at the monthly support meeting at CMMC. I connected with him from the start and decided to have a consult. His nurses, Ann and Becky, were wonderful along with Dr. Mani. I recommend him highly and am very pleased with the results. So much so that I am getting ready for him to do my eyes and thighs. Hope this helps.
prettywoman
on 5/29/09 3:38 am - New Hartford, NY
DID YOUR INSURANCE PAY FOR IT? I KNOW I GOT MY INSURANCE TO PAY FOR MY TUMMY TUCK...
kmrmagic
on 5/29/09 6:11 am - Jackson, MS
My insurance has paid for nothing. I have the state employees insurance. They have recently started covering the surgery. I thought Dr. Mani was reasonable. I had a lower body lift and my arms done for $13,000. Surgery took six plus hours and I had to stay overnight.
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/09 1:02 am - Madison, MS
Dr. Mani will be doing a presentation at our June 9th support group meeting at CMMC, if you're interested. You don't have to be a CMMC patient to come to the meeting. It starts at 7pm.

Karine
Kim43
on 6/2/09 4:42 am
I used Dr. Shelby Brantley  at http://www.faceandbodycenter.com/brantley.html   .... he was amazinggggggg!! He has worked with many gastric bypass patients and I could NOT be happier with the work I had done. I had a lower body lift and breast mastoplexy (basically a lift with implants). He did both surgeries at the same time so I was under for about 6.5 hours. We were self pay and the total cost was around 17k. If you ask him for a cash price which we did for his services he'll cut some of the costs. I did have to spend the night and had no complications at all. Other than wls this was the 2nd best decision ever!!

Best of luck to you. If I can answer any other questions, I'd be more than happy too :)

Kim
prettywoman
on 6/30/09 3:53 am - New Hartford, NY

Although not in the Jackson area, he is SOOOOOO worth the drive. I used Dr. De la Torre at UAB in Birmigham AL he has TONS of experience with working with WLS patients, and he got my insurance to cover the cost of the surgery, all I paid was a 50.00 copay.  What I had done was a Pannulectomy which is like a tummy tuck, but is considered 'reconstructive' vs cosmetic  I had rashes and I took pics of it and documented everything..and they were considered skin infections. So my insurance viewed it as a medical necessity.  I was approved in a week...it was amazing, and he did an INCREDIBLE job!! I highly highly recommend him. He is also the director of the Plastic Surgery Division at UAB.

Most Active