4 weeks post gbp and having trouble

amyliz78
on 1/10/12 4:13 am - Seminary , MS
I had gbp on 12/14/11 and am headed back to the surgeon tomorrow for what I'm positive is a stricture. They are wanting to do labwork and see me before scheduling the scope though. I am so happy that I've lost 42 lbs so far, but this is proving to be a battle that I'm trying to reassure myself that I can overcome. In the last few days, I'm having trouble keeping any food down, everything gets stuck and even my protein shakes are proving to be challenging. I am stuck in this "absolutely NO energy" stage and I dream of the day I get past it. Also, I have HORRIBLE lower back pain and cannot figure out why. I'm getting my daily fluids so I dont know why it would be hurting in my kidney area. If anyone can offer any advice or promising words, I'll take anything!!! Thank you!!!
sweetsouthergal
on 1/10/12 5:08 am
i sure hope everything gets staighten out for you,prayers sent your way from another mississippi gal
amyliz78
on 1/12/12 3:31 am - Seminary , MS
Thank you! I ended up being rushed in for an emergency dialation yesterday, very scary situation, but procedure went well, it was definitely a stricture. They said I will probably have to have a few more in months to come. But hopefully this will allow me to get back to concentrating on getting my fluids and proteins in with much less problems! Not sure if it's the surgery, and the combination of dehydration and 3 days with no protein, but I can lift my arm without being exhausted! I wish I could just put new batteries in and have energy again!
Most Active