Sunnyinmontana how are you feeling?

montanadi
on 7/12/08 11:46 pm - Sheridan, MT

Hi! How is it going? I hope you're feeling better, did you get your drain out yet?  Do we have to have a catheter when we have surgery?  I am, as you know, full of questions!  I hope you are able to get your rest!  I don't mean to be nosey or offensive, hoping to hear from you soon and find out how you are doing!

Diane 

sunnyinmontana
on 7/13/08 12:22 am - MT

Hey Diane, ask away...I don't mind.  I am feeling a little better every day.  My hubby took me to the grocery store yesterday and I went on a very brief walk in the evening.  I am rather weak and tired, which has surprised me.  I've always thought of myself as "tough" and able to handle pain and stress fairly well.  I was hoping to call my local Dr.'s office Monday and have them take this annoying drain out Mon or Tues.  BUT, I am still having 80-90cc of bloody drainage (which is pretty much the same since returning home), so I doubt it's likely I'll get it taken out early in the week.  It's very annoying.  I've been sleeping on my reclining couch and I hate it.  It is hard for me to be comfortable.  I am a side sleeper and of course, can't sleep like that right now.  My bed is too flat and I'm worried about pulling or lying on my drain.  And yes, we do have that catheter when we wake up from surgery.  Trust me though, this is actually very beneficial and not a big deal.  I would've hated to try to get up immediately after surgery just cause I had to go to the bathroom.  It was not uncomfortable and was taken out the next day.  There is no pain involved.  After yrs working in a nursing home and having a cath briefly after my last child, I guess I'm just "used" to the idea.  Just remember your Dr. may have slightly different protocols and may do things a little different.  All that being said, I am looking forward to my new life, and am so grateful I finally was given this opportunity!

montanadi
on 7/13/08 12:54 am - Sheridan, MT

Hi, You are tough, you just keep doing what you're doing! It'll get easier everyday!  Have you ever had any surgery before this one?  I have had two c-sections, both with catheters, I know they're not a big deal, it just makes me uncomfortable to know someone is touching me there when I'm asleep!    And...I'm wondering about the discomfort level, you mentioned that you didn't think you would be as sore as you were the first day, I wonder if it would be the same feeling, sort of, as a c-section ??

Most Active