Hi! I'm home!

montanadi
on 7/27/08 9:53 pm - Sheridan, MT
what is today??  I got home Saturday night around 7:30! Sooo, glad to be here! Everything went very well, swallow test, no leaks, I was so glad to get unhooked from everything!  They took the drain out before I came home, very glad of that.  The only thing I have to do is take my pills and give myself those Lovenox shots for the blood thinner, that was a little bit of a surprise, thought they could have done a better job of preparing me for that.  I am drinking it seems like 4-6 of these 16oz bottles a day, although sometimes they get refilled before they're entirely empty.  I am enjoying walking around the house, haven't ventured outside yet, Taking my Lortab 500mg every four hours,  BUT still waking up with these vise headaches!? what's up with that? after about two hours after taking the Lortab, is it the morphine?  the Lortab?  or lack of water?? Help if you have any suggestions, please!! 

I'm tired, will talk to you later,

Diane
Carrie B.
on 7/28/08 1:36 am - Miles City, MT
I am soooo glad you are home, you are safe and all went well. I have been praying for you all week. So, benefits called me on last Wednesday and said if I see a nutritionist three times then I am approved. I talked to Lisa and I am tentatively scheduled for October 13 pending any other calamities.

I am so glad you are well. You and Amy should schedule your doctor appointments for that week in October and come and see me.

Felicia S
on 7/28/08 1:48 am - Billings, MT

Congrats on getting a surgery date! I thought by your information under your avatar you had surgery on the 14th lol. You will have to change that *grin* now that you are official! October will be here before you know it!

Best wishes to you!
*huggles*
Felicia =0)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Loss To Date: -262lbs
CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR DAY!
Accept responsibility for your choices and actions.
Believe that you're worth the time and the effort.
Commit and don't quit until your dreams come true.

Felicia S
on 7/28/08 1:47 am - Billings, MT

Glad to hear you are home and doing so well!! The headaches are most likely from the Lortab since one of the side effects of that is headaches. If they are really causing you problems you might call Dr. Martin's office and see if they have a replacement for you that wont cause you the headaches.

Congrats on getting so much water in!! Hope you are doing as well getting your protein in! Its so tough that first month. 

Sorry to hear about the shots. I didn't have to go through that other then I think I got 2 of them before I left the hospital.

Best wishes to you!! 

*huggles*
Felicia =0)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

montanadi
on 7/29/08 7:37 am - Sheridan, MT
Hi!  I am so glad I weaned myself off the Lortab!!  I haven't had any since last night, and guess what? the headaches are gone!  the only soreness I'm still feeling is from my left rib area, Dr. Martin said I would be cussing her out about that for a little while!!  I have been drinking and moving more, I actually threw in a load of laundry today, although I think I'll let my daughter get it out of the dryer!  I did sleep in my bed last night, as long as the pillows were propped just right I was okay and slept about 4 hours straight, I couldn't sleep on my favorite left side yet though, too sore.....I hope that'll be better soon!  oh, on a more personal nature, I had my first bm last night since last Wed. morning. that was a little more difficult than I thought it should be because of the amount of water I've been drinking, put two of the meds say constipation is a side effect.  I think I'll get some Miralax to make that process a little easier!!

Carrie, I am so glad you have decided to go ahead with the surgery!  I think it's a great idea for Amy and I to come and see you then! 

I am so very glad I took this step toward a better me, and a better life! 

Love you all,

Diane
Felicia S
on 7/29/08 11:14 pm - Billings, MT

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully!! LOL Ya things will be strange for a while till your body gets adjusted to its new routing. Don't do to much. Remember it takes quite a while for the insides to heal even if the outsides are healing fast. =0) Thats great about no headaches. The pain meds can be tricky that way. 

Keep up the great work!! 

*huggles*
Felicia =0)

Oh and as for the constipation - Colace is my best friend *grin*. 

sunnyinmontana
on 7/29/08 10:43 pm - MT

Congratulations!!!  Did you get my email while you were at the hospital?
Glad you've been able to wean off the meds, I know it was giving me headaches and making me feel wierd.  Sounds like you're doing pretty good in your recovery, I'm so glad.  You are lucky you got your drain out before leaving.  That was such a pain!  Although I'm glad I didn't have to give myself any shots (I had one prior to surgery and prior to discharge).  Interesting how different Dr.'s do different things, isn't it?  What type of diet / foods are you on and for how long?
     Gotta finish getting ready for work...keep getting better!  

Amy~

Most Active