I got my EOB from BCBS, almost 40K for WLS!

montanadi
on 8/10/08 12:13 am - Sheridan, MT
I had no idea it would be that much!  I thought it would be somewhere around 23-25 thousand! Thankfully, my portion is just over 2K. And they said we get 10 or 15 percent off for prompt payment, I can't remember which, I was a little druggy in the hospital! lol.

It's hard to keep in perspective that it's only been 17 days since surgery, I feel so good, but yesterday, I went to a baby shower and then picked up a few things at the grocery store and I was wiped out!  I had to come home and take a nap!  I guess that's my age showing!!

I love that I have new food choices, like eggs and cheese, and my beloved refried beans and cheese.  But I'm wanting meat! I hope this Friday when I go back, she'll give me the green light for fish and maybe chicken?! 

Carrie, only two more months!! It will go by in a flash!  I'm excited for you!

Amy, how did your first week back at full time go? Are you getting more comfortable with lunch?  I go back tomorrow, I usually have lunch at my desk though, I think I'll just take my protein drink and a little cheese to snack on, i'm going to try six hour days at first and see how that goes!

I wish all of you a great week, and I'll "talk" to you all soon!!

Diane
Carrie B.
on 8/12/08 6:00 am - Miles City, MT

That is soooo funny that you posted your bill. I talked to Lisa this morning and asked her how much she has heard the out of pocket has been for State employees. She said that your doctor is a little higher, I am anxious to see what that means.

I got a ;etter from insurance saying I really only have to see a dietician three times and I am approved so I guess the 13th of October may become a reality after all. I am glad you are doing so well. Thanks for being the trail blazer Diane.

Hi Amy, Hope all is well! 

Most Active