Montana State Employee?

sunnyinmontana
on 10/28/08 12:47 am - MT
There's a few of us here who've been able to take advantage of the long awaited bariatric benefit that became available this year and I'd like to know how many other state workers have looked into this or gotten surgery approval?  Let us hear from you!

kathylovesred
on 4/20/09 9:45 am, edited 4/20/09 9:46 am - Helena, MT
Me!  I have a date - May 18, 2009!  I am so excited!  I don't kow when you posted last, but it looks like your progress is great - Congratulations!

Kathy!
(Pre-op: 5'2", 292/277/148-Highest/at WLS/Current)
kathylovesredsmallcard.jpg picture by lynnca1972
Let God's presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom 
to sing, dance, praise, and love.  It is there for each and every one of us.

sunnyinmontana
on 4/28/09 8:23 am - MT
Good for you Kathy!  This has been one of the most important and best decisions I've ever made for myself---for my LIFE.  It's about time BC/BS figured out the benefits of approving this surgery.  I imagine you had many hoops to jump thru...they certainly weren't going to make it easy for us!  I feel I've already saved our insurance company money with the improvements in my health.  I've been off of BP meds for months and haven't been plagued with illness near as much as I used to.  I have lost almost 90 lbs and still have a ways to go...but can't begin to tell you how far I've come in other aspects! 
Let us know how you're doing.  Are you having RNY?  Who's your Dr.?  May is right around the corner! 

Amy (sunnyinmontana)

Most Active