Returning to Work Question

Ruby S.
on 3/23/04 5:28 am - Great Falls, MT
I'm interested to find out if after having the Lap RNY on a Monday, would I be able to go back to work the following Monday or Tuesday? Considering if all goes well of course! I'm just wondering how long I'd have to take off from work. I'm an Admin Assistant/Receptionist...on my hiney all day!!! Thanks!!!
Linn D.
on 3/24/04 4:59 am - Missoula, MT
Hi Ruby, I had my surgery on a Tuesday and returned to work the following Monday. I didn't stay the whole day, though. I did stay the whole day on Tuesday. I'm a chemist so my job is also less than strenuous. My biggest problems were from anesthesia. The actual pain wasn't too bad, I was just pooped and had dizziness problems from the anesthesia still trying to leave my system. However, it's all about how you feel. I built up quite a bit of leave and sick time before I had my surgery - just in case. Linn
Ruby S.
on 3/24/04 7:51 am - Great Falls, MT
Thanks Linn! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm thinking I'll only have a little over a week in time to take. That's if everything goes well of course...right? Thanks...once again you've come to my questions rescue.
Kassa K.
on 3/26/04 5:55 am - Havre, MT
Hi Ruby! I ended up having 3 1/2 weeks off (after planning for 2). I, too, sit @ a desk all day long but everyone heals @ a different pace and there is always a possibility of complications etc., Sorry this is not what you want to hear...Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Most Active