10 days post op: hitting rock bottom

sarahlee
on 9/29/06 12:13 am - Canada
Hey guys, The past few days have been horrible... I hitted rock bottom and seem to keep bouncing off that bottom... I'm depressed...I feel this overwhelm of sadness, loniness, and a incrediable urge to cry.. I'm suppose to be excited..this is suppose to be my re-birth...my new lease on life right? Why in gods name is wrong with you Sarah??...I'm suppose to be thankful to god for this!!!...for this new lease on life... I'm sick of eating soup and pureed food...my staples hurt...I can't sleep like I use too...I have problems walking to the end of my street because I start getting exhausted...I can't eat anything.. I have a very very weird leg pain...constant...it feels like the right side of my right leg is bruised underneath, like pins and needles, like it's asleep...am I losing muscle mass??? The past 2 days my stomach has felt like extreme gut rot...I have diarrhea...taking a 1/4 of a viatmin hurts... When I go for my walk by the time I get back to my house I'm exhausted...wore out...not like before when it was an out of breath..kind of exhaustion..but the kind of exhaustion when you are physically drained...is my protien down? I'm sorry to go on like this...I really am...I just don't have anywhere else to vent...I broke down many times in the past couple of days...to my husband... I am down 15lbs now though...
Sherry C.
on 9/29/06 4:51 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Sarah ... I can not give you any advice on what you are feeling ... like is it normal ... should you be concerned ... I'll leave that up to the other pros on this website !! But I want to tell you that you are doing great just being able to feel like typing a message ... The whole experience of the surgery and the way you are feeling is no doubt understandable. This is major !! I thought you seemed pretty spry for only 6 days post op... give yourself credit .... So it is now 10 days and you are feeling a bit low .... you will have to take each day as it comes .... I hope after I check in after the weekend that you will have had a better day tomorrow !! Try to keep your spirits up and get some rest ... don't worry about being tired ... heck that is normal after any surgery and throw a new lifestyle in there too ... boy no wonder you are zapped!! Sherry
Carolyn C.
on 9/30/06 4:40 am - Barnaby, Canada
Awww Sarah honey - wish I could give you a big hug. First, phone Lise at the clinic and talk to her, she has seen a lot of wls patients. Of course you know I have had lap-band but I've felt many of your feelings. Your physical body has had a major change to it - expect emotional changes as well. I know we all feel that after wls "everything will be great".... Welcome to the reality. We still have to fight the urges to eat And when we can't, we get cranky!! lol Think back on your years to times when things were rough - you made it through didn't you. You will make it through this as well. Give yourself time. Ask Lise to connect you with another person or group in your area so you can get feedback from them or just use them as a sounding board. Others with your type of wls will know exactly what your going through. About that leg thing - please get it checked sooner rather than later. Sending you a huge hug - Carolyn
sarahlee
on 9/30/06 8:34 am - Canada
aaahhhh....carolyn...I can count on you to make me feel better...I got your hug from your words.. I am feeling a little better...just up and downs...spoke to others on other forums and this is normal...that makes me feel better knowing that...to know that I'm not going crazy... Today I managed to walk for about 15mins then had a break and then another 15mins...played on the swings with my son...it was nice...and guess what I'm down 15lbs... YEAH
little_lamb
on 10/4/06 2:15 am - Moncton, Canada
Hey Sarah - how are things going now? I have experienced that leg pain thing and went to my doctor. She said it is from the weight of my tummy pressing on my thigh muscles. I don't feel it as often anymore but to be safe you should have it checked out. Hang in there girl - no pain / no gain.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views