Lap Band

Carolyn C.
on 11/3/06 6:04 am - Barnaby, Canada
Hi all - it's been a while. Things have been going well since my banding on July 7th. You know how hard and frustrating it can be dieting? Well it is just as hard and frustrating with the band. I have to watch myself every day. It is only a tool, and with all tools you have to do the work. As I said it is going well for me but it has been no differant for me as far as dieting goes. It is very much like before the band. I think the mental part should come first. I certainly don't regret it, and I don't want to discourage anyone but it certainly didn't make anything easier. Hugs to all who need one - Carolyn
Krista C.
on 11/4/06 1:29 am - Quispamsis, Canada
Carolyn, how much weight have you lost so far? I'm still waiting for the 1/2 day session let alone a surgery date. I'm glad you are doing well but like you, I know it's still going to take work. I hope I'm not disappointed. I'm at the end of my rope being this obese. Krista
Darlene P.
on 11/5/06 7:32 am - Sunnyside of Life, Canada
I agree Carolyn, the band is only another tool. I have lost hundreds of pounds in the last 10 years, only to gain it back... When I spoke to my family Dr about wls in May 05, and while waiting to make contact with Dr B's office, I went at the weight loss again. I am now down almost 50 pounds and working like a dog to lose more!!!!! After much research, the "band" will be the perfect "tool" for me....I am not going into this expecting it to be the miracle we would all like...if that were the case, everyone would have one...My goal is to be healthy and to live a longer life... Good luck to you !! Darlene MacDougall
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views