How long after you saw internist?

Bionic Jay
on 11/7/06 12:57 pm - Moncton, Canada
How long did everyone have to wait for approval after speaking to the internist? I saw Dr. Mallet on October 13th and he said he'd write the letter to medicare and I should hear back in a couple weeks. I still haven't heard anything back. I think I'm gonna call the office to see what's going on but I was curious how long others had to wait.
LoriM
on 11/7/06 11:15 pm - Fredericton, Canada
Hi Jay, I had send you a personal message about this when you asked about this a while ago...but you must not have gotten it. I didn't hear anything, had to search out the answer myself....so don't wait too long! My advise to you is to call medicare, or call your Dr Office, or email the medicare. I emailed medicare a month after my internist appointment. Found the email on the internet. The email I got back was that...."the day after I saw the internist, medicare sent a letter to Dr B and the internist. So to call the internist for the answer." I called and he was on vacation for the next couple of weeks.....so I emailed back medicare and told them he was on vacation could they please forward me a copy of the letter. They did. I had been approved that very next day after I had saw the internist. So then I waited a few weeks to hear from Dr B. I didn't hear anything. So I called Dr B's office. GOOD THING I DID! Even though they were supposed to receive a copy of the approval, (as medicare said they were copied and the copy they sent me had a cc to Dr B) they had NOT. So I had to fax in the copy I had been sent. So basically it took 2 months almost 3 and I should have been all done in one day. I just had the all day session yesterday met 4 other great girls! So now we wait for the signing of the papers and a surgery date. SCARY STUFF!!!! Hope this helps you! Lori
Bionic Jay
on 11/8/06 6:08 am - Moncton, Canada
I'm usually very good about replying to personal messages so I must not have gotten it. Thanks for the reply. I called this morning... and they haven't even sent the letter yet. Full details are in my journal, I don't feel like writing it again, I'll just get mad all over again.
Darlene P.
on 11/8/06 2:12 am - Sunnyside of Life, Canada
It was the same for me Jay, I forwarded the information on May 1 and I had to call a couple of times and Medicare (PEI) had not received the letter from my Dr, which I had to fax to them..I got approval July 7th last year. It really doesn't hurt to keep checking...things do get "lost". I am now waiting for my consent signing date. Darlene
Bionic Jay
on 11/8/06 6:10 am - Moncton, Canada
Thanks Darlene. Found out they haven't even sent my letter in yet. I'll keep on them if I don't hear anything back in the next few weeks.
Krista C.
on 1/20/07 9:32 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
Hi Jay - I saw the internist (Dr Beaudry) almost 3 years ago. I was approved (I think) within 6 months but I know it was a long time waiting. I saw Dr Beadry twice I believe. It's a long drawn out process for some of us but others move along more quickly. I think it depends on your overall health etc although I was told way back when that it didn't. However, I met someone recently who is having their surgery within 9 months from start to finish due to serious health problems.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views