June surgery schedule

rudysgrandma
on 5/19/07 1:04 pm - Canada
Hi folks, I was talking to Natalie at Dr B's office on Thursday and so far for the month of June there are 2 gastric bypass surgeries scheduled, one on the 5th and another on June 12th after that they are on the reduced summer schedule and as of Thursday they didn't know what would take place until the rest of the June schedule was completed. It's really hard to be optimistic when we all have been waiting for so long,I first had a consult in 2002 with Dr MacDonald at the QE II in Halifax, its been a long hard road for me I am supposed to be now number 5 on the list for bypass I say "supposed to be" because nothing is written in stone. All the best to everyone on this merry go round, Mim.
mistydreamer
on 5/20/07 3:20 am - Fredericton, Canada
Sorry to hear that Mimi! I was supposed to have my surgery on the 17th of April but it was cancelled due to not enough beds and now I'm the one having it on the 5th of June.. I too have been on the waiting list since 2002 with Dr. MacDonald..so I definitely know how frustrating the wait is..I've been up and down like a roller coaster on this ride....
dnw0523
on 5/21/07 1:46 am - kensington, Canada
Hi Mim,I will give Dr.B's office a call the first of next week and see if we can't find out more on the summer schedule.How are you getting along being "ready" for the surgery.I am struggling to keep my weight down but determined not to miss my chance when my phone call finally comes.I think I'm still 7th on the bypass list,but as you said nothind is written in stone.Let's keep positive and just be ready!
Krista C.
on 5/22/07 8:05 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
Hey ladies - I called yesterday and they still did not have the schedule. They thought they would have had it Friday past but were still waiting on the anethesioligst (sp) schedule to firm up the dates. Natalie said that they may only get a few weeks or they may be lucky enough to get the schedule for the whole summer. I have everything crossed myself. She told me that it would be week of June 25 at the earliest for me. I am having lap band and my surgery was postponed from May 29th when I gained 5 lbs. Ugh. I'll just be happy to have a new date. It's a long haul eh? 3 years for me and although I'm top of the list finally for lap band, I screwed it up by gaining 5 lbs. She said once your surgery is postponed due to weight gain, they wait at least one month to allow you time to lose it (and more).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1079 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1944 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1789 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1786 views