All day session in Moncton

ErikaS
on 7/9/12 9:21 am - Fredericton, NB, Canada
Had my first consult last week and Dr. B said that I should be able to have surgery by the end of the year (yay!). I stupidly forgot to ask Monique when my all day session would be so I called the office today. The receptionist told me that the next session is tomorrow but that's all that is scheduled for now as the Psych is behind on her appointments. The receptionist wasn't even sure if they'll be doing a sesion in August or September as it all depends on the Psych can catch up.

So I'm back to waiting and keeping my fingers crossed. Sorry if this is bad news for any other newbies! :( Good luck to those going to the session tomorrow!
Cindy F.
on 7/9/12 11:42 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
 I had my consult June 4th and am attending the session tomorrow. That's too bad that you're not able to join us, it would be nice to meet some online folks in person. This whole process almost feels like the lottery, just wait and see when your number (date) is up. 

Thanks for the update on the psych visits, I probably won't here from them until the fall. 
ErikaS
on 7/10/12 9:41 am - Fredericton, NB, Canada
No all day session until she comes to my name on the list! Who knows when that will be now! 

So how'd the all-day session go?
Cindy F.
on 7/10/12 10:26 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
 Like others have said, a lot of info but nice to have it done with all in one (long) day. I really enjoyed the visit with a lady *****ceived her sleeve last September and has lost 150lbs since surgery (plus more pre-op). She shared the realities and what she's learned through trial and error. 

Julie, the psych resident said we should hear from her in about 3 months to set up an appointment, she said she's pretty backed up and has holidays coming up as well (hoping to anyway). That puts me around October, so I'm still thinking surgery in late November / December. I think they said he does 7 surgeries a week. I'll have to review my notes again to filter through it.
judijet99
on 8/2/12 5:00 am, edited 8/2/12 5:02 am - Canada
VSG on 09/18/12
I had my first consult in November 2011, Today I got my call for my surgery and it's September 18, 2012. I had a few phsyc appts. and was cleared in June, I told Julie I was busy in July and August sounded good for surgery. I recently had another appt. with Dr. Beausoleil and he told me my surgery would be in September and it is. My process took in total 5 years. 4 years on a waiting list and this past year doing all of the steps to surgery. I'm so excited and a number of other feelings happening right now. Mostly good feelings......I feel like I'm about to embark on a new life, I hope that doesn't sound too cheesy. Anyway the all day session is so much info, I'm in the Miramichi. I don"t know how much I can offer as I have not had my surgery, but will be happy to offer my experiences as I go.
~Judi~        
cathy2120
on 8/6/12 6:31 am - Canada
VSG on 11/18/15
Hi, Did you say your wait has been 5yrs in the making? the receptionist at both doc's offices said 11/2 to 2 yrs waiting period...is 4-5 yrs the norm?
Thanks, Cathy
KimCameron
on 9/7/12 3:20 pm - Moncton, Canada
 I was 4 yrs on waiting list before I saw Dr Beausolier in Jan this yr. Had my all day info session on March 20 and saw the psycologist in June my surgery is scheduled for Sept 25. I just received my pre-op diet delivery today and start on it Tuesday. It is getting close now, I am really excited and am so glad to be starting this new phase in my life. A much healthier me is coming soon

Kim 
Somer
on 7/3/13 1:43 am - Moncton, Canada

I got my call in November and had my information session on Feb. 5th. I saw psych twice and I have an appointment to sign papers on July 19. So my surgery process is going to be about a year from my first call. I was on the waiting list for 5 years. I can see it in the distance... Soooo excited!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/13 7:10 am - Oromocto, Canada
How did you make out with your surgery? How long did you stay in the hospital?
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/13 7:09 am - Oromocto, Canada
I put in my referral oct 2008. I got my first call this April. My all day session is scheduled the end of August and they say surgery usually follows that six months later. I do know that they have changed the part about the psychologist. She only sees you know if she thinks its necessary based on a questionnaire you fill out. So that should help with some of the backlog.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views