Just Wondering ........

maggie9247
on 4/27/13 6:22 am - Miramichi, Canada

Hello just wondering if heard anything lately from any of Dr. Savoie's patients....they don't seem to be progressing alot with surgeries, or even office visits. Very anxious that's all. Been waiting over 3.5 years, and I do understand some have been waiting even longer. After I get my first call, it will be real.. Keep me posted.

llLou
on 4/27/13 7:12 am - Halifax NS, Canada

It's a long wait. I waited 3 years and then went to Dr. Kelly in Mexico.

It was the best decision I ever made.

Good Luck. I hope the wait time improves.

BrownIdGirl2
on 4/27/13 7:35 am

In Bathurst there is Savoie and Semerjian, they both work off the same list.

You must be within 6 monhts of getting a call, my referral was almost 4 years to the day of my first apt.,  referral was  end of March 2009.

Once I saw Dr. Semerjian  he wanted me to do a couple of changes as no drinking 30 min before or after eating and do some exer**** I  saw him last week and I signed my papers for my sleeve.  I have my 1/2 day session next Tuesday and was told 3 months to surgery!

Hope this helps!

dykeman885
on 4/27/13 10:54 pm

it waz 4 yrs for me as well but wait it out its the best thing yull ever do for your self and bathurst is rated as the best and cleanest facility east of montreal i had my surgery feb 14 ive lost 70 lbs and feel awsome   i waz back on apr 3 and didnt need adjustment now im booked for june 2 good luck

maggie9247
on 5/13/13 2:45 am - Miramichi, Canada

Thanks for replying back. I'm glad all is great with you. And thanks for the positive feedback:)

Anxiousgirl
on 4/28/13 10:53 am

Well.... I am a 2009 June 1st referral and when I called 2 months ago to the clinic I was told by the receptionist that there was 20 ahead of me and they see 1 to 2 a week. Sooo...in my mind I thought perfect 2 doctors each doing 1-2 a week looks like I will be getting my call in the next few months! So I called last week and spoke to the lady who answers the phone and she told me there was 30 ahead of me and when I asked when I would probably get in for first consult she said probably next year! You can imagine my frustration! If I could only get a straight answer, but it seems like so many different stories when I call that I just can't make any sense of it. And so when she said another year I asked why so long to do only 30 referrals is it because they have a lot of vacation and she said no they have nothing booked for vacation yet! Ahhh!! Soooo frustrating!

maggie9247
on 5/13/13 2:50 am - Miramichi, Canada

I know how you feel. I am not sure if they even know themselves when you call Bathurst. I have patiently waited every year from the time I was first put on the list and since last spring they are still telling me , they are only at March of '09. Which like I have said they have been telling me this for a LONG time. I went on the list back in October of '09, so by that rate I might get a call with in 2 years or so..One receptionists tells me one thing, and then I am told something dfferent next time I call. So waiting is all I can do. Good things come to those who wait right?????

Vanessa67
on 4/29/13 3:16 am - Canada

I can understand your frustration, I have been on Dr. Savoie's list since April 28, 2009.  I called last week and was told there were "a couple" ahead of me, she said it "shouldn't be much longer". Well, four years can be a long time.  I have been patient, have given up hope more than once. But, someday, maybe I will get a call, someday....will let you know when I do.

jjwbuster
on 5/1/13 12:52 am - Saint John, Canada

The call will come. When I did get the call my first thought was "Wow I didn't realize 4 years could go by so fast'". Then my next thought was "What the hell did I do?" Now I am patiently waiting for my surgery date.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1921 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1773 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1771 views