One step closer

Lesley42
on 9/16/13 9:11 am - Canada

Info session next week and Im so so excited... I hope call for surgery comes shortly after that.. yay

Lesley42                        
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/13 10:34 am - Oromocto, Canada
I hope it's quick for you! At least that is one more step!
jjwbuster
on 9/16/13 2:38 pm - Saint John, Canada

It will be faster than you think. At this point I found that everything was on the fast forward button. Happy that you are getting closer.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

kim_pei
on 9/16/13 4:17 pm - Canada

Where are you going? Moncton?

Lesley42
on 9/17/13 1:31 am - Canada

No Im going to Bathurst..and yes I hope its going to come fast now.. eeekk Im so excited..lol

Lesley42                        
better_life_ahead
on 9/17/13 11:07 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Exciting!! Have fun and don't be scared to ask questions at the session!!

Lesley42
on 9/18/13 8:23 am - Canada

Yes I do have a list written down of questions..lol Im so excited... lol

Lesley42                        
LisaFull
on 9/23/13 11:13 am - Fredericton, Canada
VSG on 10/02/13

Good for you - Im on Day 6 of diabetic Boost and water - thank heavens I bought cases of it when it was on sale at shoppers a month ago, for 7.99 a 6-pack...its on sale this week for 10.99 a six pack - its fast from here on in...

Anxiousgirl
on 9/23/13 11:43 am

Do you find the boost diet difficult? How soon after your info session did you find out your surgery date?

LisaFull
on 9/23/13 12:14 pm - Fredericton, Canada
VSG on 10/02/13

I found out about 6 weeks later they had a cancellation for Oct. 2nd- had about 3 weeks to rush thru all my pre-op tests(most in Freddy) and last Tues to meet pre-op nurse in Bathurst...started Boost last Wed - and yes, it is difficult.

Boost and water. period.  Mio or crystal light - nothing else can pass your lips.  If it does, your liver processes it, and it will affect how much it shrinks-if it doesnt shrink adequately, they close you up and send you home.  That is what I have to think about everytime Id think about giving in to cravings like I have my whole life.  If I cant follow instructions for two weeks, they wont risk the proceedure.  Makes sense to me.  Putting something in my mouth is not worth blowing this chance at a new life.  Its not forever, its just for right now.  staying in the present moment is how I am doing this - today is what matters, and the concious choice I make to stay on track...they will talk about this in the info session.  Good luck, and pay attention, take lots of notes-it will be worth it, but it wont be easy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1073 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1935 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1782 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1780 views