6 Months out, feeling FANTASTIC!!

ErinG
on 10/10/14 4:20 am
VSG on 04/07/14

I haven't been on this site for some time, more because i was trying to avoid comparing my journey to others, because i know everyone has different experiences, losses and fears.  BUT i just hot my 6 month mark and wanted to share with anyone who is wondering about how others journeys are going so this is probably going to be a LONG post, because im very long winded and have a lot to say, so I apologize ahead of time :P : so to begin i had my surgery April 7th 2014( sleeved) the 2 week liquid Boost diet was probably the worst 2 weeks of my entire life to date im not gonna lie, i actually almost canceled my surgery about my 3rd-4th day on the liquid diet, Thank God for my momma talking me out of it, as after the 4th day i could tolerate the hungry feeling and the just "eating" liquids, anyway I only lost 8lbs on the liquid diet and was terrified Dr Savoie wouldn't be able to do the surgery, ALAS, he did and it was very successful, i didn't have any complication, other then some discomfort from the surgery it self I, i haven't been nauseated ever so im  very lucky with that, I was walking almost everyday 2 weeks after my surgery, Lost 20 pounds before my first month out, and then i stalled on the retched 3 week stall some of us get, and I stalled for about 3 weeks i was sooo sad i thought, that was it, its not gonna work for me, which from what i hear is a normal feeling alot of us get,  after i finally finished with that stall i lost another 30 pounds , and another 10 pounds after that, I was down 60 pounds my the end of July and i was feeling terrific I went on vacation and I could walk around Toronto and Montreal and not have to wait or slow down or take breaks, it was wonderful, and my clothes were getting to big, it was and is an amazing feeling when i tried on a pair of pants in Montreal my friend gave me and they were a 20, I have been a 26 pretty much my entire 30s maybe longer ( im 34 now in June), when I got home from vacation I have noticed those 20 were getting a little big so i weighed my self again and I was down another 10 lbs that month at my 4ish month mark, and I fot into an 18 :D I was in the dressing room and I tried the 18 jeans on and I cried, im all alone in the dressing checking out my size 18 butt, lol in the mirror crying my face off, LOL. that was about a month ago i bought those and I notice about a week ago those were getting big for me, and started sagging in the Bum, lol, so i went to walmart last night and bought myself a few pair of 16s, I honestly still cannot believe it, and today was my weight day, I dont weigh my self as often as i should but when I do its always on a Friday as soon as i get out of bed, anyway , im down 80 pound YAY!!! so the short and long of this is 80 pound loss in 6 months, and down from a size 26 to a 16, I could not be happier this was the best decision I have ever made in my ENTIRE Life and its only going to get better, so if anyone is doubting or having the second thoughts that I had on my liquid diet, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, weigh the pros and Cons and I guarantee you will find a reason to go for it, this is changed my life in 6 short months< i have no more high blood pressure, or sleep apnea, I can actually walk at least 5 km with out being completely exhausted, I can buy "regular" sized clothes and wear heals, and boots, I can eat almost anything I want, just smaller portions, I feel more confident about myself, i find myself doing my hair and makeup more often because i feel good about myself, It truly is an amazing Gift, and i wish every single one of you the best, and so much Good luck to you in your journey!!! XXOO

kim_pei
on 10/10/14 7:22 pm - Canada

Erin that was the loveliest update I have seen in a while.  Way to go!  I think I will print this off and read it everyday when I start my 2 week diet soon lol.  Everything you said reaffirms my decision to do this!  Keep the updates rolling I love to hear them.  You should be so proud of your accomplishment.

ErinG
on 10/13/14 2:54 am
VSG on 04/07/14

Hey Kim-Pei, Im glad I can be somewhat helpful, by all means print it and do what ever you need, to help you get through your journey, Im very happy to share and help in anyway I can, its a hard Journey, But it WILL be VERY well worth it in the end, nothing could make me (now) change my mind on my decision, I wish you nothing but luck, and happiness, and please keep me update on your journey :D

bigchris
on 10/11/14 11:06 pm - Canada

hi erinG

I'm so glad you are doing so well it is amazing how the weight comes off and how full you get at mealtime I lost a total of 120 pounds so far and went from size 48 to a size 38 and from a 5x to a xl shirts and my energy level is 10x what it use to be my wife is happy and so are my kids because I can do more with them then just sitting in front of the tv I went scuba diving for the first time in years and only have to use half my weights on my belts this is a wonderful goft we were given and it was the best decidsion I could of made for my family and for me.have a great thanks giving and let's keep up the could work.

ErinG
on 10/13/14 3:05 am
VSG on 04/07/14

Hey Chris,

Sounds like you are doing amazing, im SO Happy to hear about all your accomplishments especially when it come to your family, it truly is an amazing wonderful gift, that we have received. I know for me just being able to walk any distance with out almost dying, was one of the best feelings ever, now i can go on vacation with my friends and not worry about holding anyone back for anything, and I can play with my goddaughter, she can actually sit on my knee, I never imagined how it would feel to not be unhealthy, no i couldnt imagine not being healthy, my weight loss has slowed a bit, but its still coming off, better slow then not at all, and you are right , it was the best decision we could have ever made, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well !! Enjoy your meal as little as it may be :D

amandajean35
on 10/12/14 12:30 pm - Canada

I wish there was a like button on here.  I love reading about everyones journeys, it's so inspiring and something to look forward to.  i can't wait for mine to begin and to share as well. 

ErinG
on 10/13/14 3:08 am
VSG on 04/07/14

Hello amandajean35,

I agree i like reading about peoples journeys as well,  although i haven't in a while, because i wanted to not compare myself to others, cause i tend to do that a lot..lol but now that im happy with how things are going I love reading about everyone's Journeys, and I do hope you keep us updated on your journey as well, and I do wish you all the luck in the world.. you Got this ..:D

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1081 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1946 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1792 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1787 views