So discouraged...

CrazyCatLady506
on 10/2/15 11:39 am

I called Bathurst yesterday to see where I was on the waiting list...she told me they received my referral in October of 2013 (seems like it was so much longer that that) and that they are only doing surgeries from 2012 right now...so I have at "least" another year to go. :(

I explained that I had more health problems now, and she told me that it didn't matter...I still had to go in order of the list. Does that make sense?

Ugh. So discouraged. :(

WenNB
on 10/3/15 1:37 pm

Don't get too discouraged, it is a long process but so worth it. Some wait up to 5 years for it.

They are also starting to do surgeries in Fredericton now, too. Has your doctor referred you to Bathurst, Moncton and Fredericton?

I told myself it took years for me to gain all the weight so it can't be lost without some time for the process, too.

If your health issues are worse, have your doctor reassess you and see if you need testing or for them to send a more urgent referral. Even though they go in order, if your health is declining that may speed things up somewhat.

In the meantime, make sure your health is optimum by quitting smoking if you smoke and quitting soft drinks as they are prohibited after and they want you to stop them beforehand, as well as getting used to eating meals and not drinking liquids with them.

Good luck in your journey.

Jen J.
on 10/7/15 6:57 am - Canada

Unfortunately waiting is one of the hardest parts of this process...don't give up...it will happen for you and when it does it will be the best thing you have every waited for!!

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

allyray
on 10/8/15 5:21 am

Yes, the wait is terrible.. It can make you crazy if you obsess about it too much, but that is hard not to do. Just try to put it out of your mind and one day, the call will come... and you will be sooo happy!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/15 7:39 am
VSG on 11/18/15

I've been where you are.

I was originally given the reference by my doctor in April of 2010. I waited, I waited and I waited. I called the clinic a few times and they said I wasn't even on the horizon yet.

And then I gave up - I was profoundly angry. I was supposed to wait for three years and after three years I wasn't even on the list yet. I pushed this out of my mind and tried to go back to loosing wait conventionally, where we have all failed before.

They called me in June and I'm having surgery in about three weeks. Once you get the first call from them, the time rockets by you.

I won't tell you to be patient as that would be unfair - it's hard to be patient for years at a time. Live your life, keep checking with the clinic and keep in mind that the call will come.

CrazyCatLady506
on 10/26/15 9:32 am

So you were referred in 2010...yet they told me they were doing surgeries from 2012 right now...

Now I am even more discouraged! lol

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/15 9:37 am
VSG on 11/18/15

I was later in getting in than most because of a clerical error - it's a long story.

But the point is, try not to concentrate on the the wait time - it'll drive you around the bend. You're in, you've been referred - it will happen and you need to try not to obsess over the clock.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views