8 months post op check in

Megall
on 1/4/17 3:25 pm - Canada

Hi everyone! :)

So I am just shy of being 8 months post op now.  I was sleeved by Dr.  Boisvert on May 9th, 2016.  I'm going in to see him on January 23rd for my final post op check, and I hope that he is pleased with my progress so far.  I sure am!

I have lost a total of 101 lbs so far!  I started out wearing a 3-4X shirt and a  very tight size 28 pant.  I am now wearing a size 22 pant, and will transition soon to a size 20.  For shirts I am all over the place.  I wear a X from Penningtons, an XL at Reitmans, and a L from Northern Reflections.  I am super excited to have more shopping options now, I am no longer confined to just shopping at Penningtons.  I have choices!  I started my journey at quite a high weight, so I still have about another 75 lbs to lose.  I have all the confidence in the world that I will get there, and I will get there before the end of 2017.  So if anyone is starting out with a lot to lose like I do (did) and are wondering if the sleeve will work for you, the answer is yes.  But only if you MAKE it work for you.  You still have to make good choices and be conscious about what is going in your body.

That being said, my sleeve has tolerated just about everything that I have put in it.   After I transitioned to all foods after surgery I tried to finish the Boost shakes that I had purchased for my liquid diet.  That is the only thing that my sleeve was unhappy with, and I'm not sure why as I was able to drink it just fine on my liquid diets?   Anyway, doesn't matter :)  I'm still using LoseIt to track all my foods, my calories and protein for the day.   It's just become a habit and something that I hope to keep up with for the rest of my life.  It was a bit difficult over the holidays with parties and treats everywhere.   I'll be the first to admit that I ate some things that I shouldn't have, but I've also picked myself back up and gotten back on the wagon.  One thing that the holidays taught me is that the foods I ate before really honestly make you feel like garbage.  I felt bloated and lethargic, and honestly a bit sad.  But the holidays are over, the excess treats are out of my house, and it's a brand new year.  I was lucky over the holidays and didn't gain any weight.  But I didn't lose any either.  

This year will be exciting.  I'm starting a new job here in a few weeks, and this summer I will be traveling to Glasgow, Scotland, with my pipe band to compete in the World Bagpipe championships.  I flew a few times back in 2014 and each time needed to ask the crew for a seat belt extender.   Not this year!  I'm excited to see how I will fit on the plane this summer.

So this is where I am!  I still have a long way to go and will continue to check in with progress, and to see how everyone else is doing.

Happy New Year!

CTelly
on 1/5/17 5:40 am

Ohhh so happy for you 

I get my sleeve in 6 day 7 sleeps( but who is counting) 

what a great place that we can see all the success people have had 

congrats, you are doing great!

aliciamcknight
on 1/7/17 3:42 pm - Marrtown, Canada

Amazing job!!!! I get sleeved by Dr Boisvert Jan 26 :)

daretodream2016
on 1/8/17 10:30 am

ur doing amazing !!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page