Support group?

Megall
on 1/11/17 5:50 pm - Canada

So I don't know what kind of feedback this is going to get, or if there's even any interest in it at all.  I only know of two people in the city who have had the sleeve surgery.  One I see once in a blue moon in passing at the gym, and another one I see once in a while at my work as a customer.  Neither provide real opportunity to sit down and discuss what we went through, or are going through currently, or what to expect further down the road.  I don't think there is a support group set up anywhere for sleeve patients (and if there is, please enlighten me as I'd love to know more!) But if anyone in the Fredericton area would like to get together and hang out, or ask questions, or just to meet another person who has been through the same fears and surgery please let me know.  Let's go for a walk when it's nicer out, let's meet up for coffee, let's go out to eat and share an appetizer! lol  

Hit me up here, or send me a message.  I am lucky and have a wonderful family support, but I'd like the opportunity to meet someone else who has gone (or is thinking of going) through the same thing.  The ups and downs, the triumphs and lows... let's be friends :)  

aliciamcknight
on 1/12/17 7:17 am - Marrtown, Canada

I am an hour away in sussex but If you are on facebook or instagram I would love to hook up there so that we can chat :)

Megall
on 1/12/17 3:41 pm - Canada

I do have Facebook, and just typed your name in.  If you are the one that popped up (Beach) then we already have a friend in common!  :)  Megan Allen is my name :)  

aliciamcknight
on 1/12/17 3:56 pm - Marrtown, Canada

That is me :D Yes we do have one in common! How neat! I sent you a friend request :)

daretodream2016
on 1/12/17 6:48 pm

I just sent u both requests ;) would love to keep up with u guys ur both ahead of me. Megall u look amazing ! 

JLSHAW
on 1/13/17 7:20 am
VSG on 06/01/17

Where do you live?

aliciamcknight
on 1/13/17 4:40 pm - Marrtown, Canada

I'm in Sussex - just outside of the town actually :)

CTelly
on 1/14/17 9:49 am

Megall,

I am in Fredericton( well Oromocto area) 

we actually have a friend in common... I would love to meet up for a coffee

I am the one that is trying to not tell 2 many people that I am having this surgery 

My family, mom, dad, mother in law, and a couple people at work and that is it.

So Instagram and facebook, I would not be interested in.

but anytime you want to link up I would love that...

Megall
on 1/16/17 5:57 pm - Canada

I can't wait to hear who we have in common!  I love that it's such a small world.  If you don't want to facebook you can send me an email anytime to [email protected] and we can see what schedules are like and make it happen! :)  

Leap_of_Faith81
on 2/3/17 10:24 pm
VSG on 02/21/17

I just pm'd a couple of you gals on Facebook. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a private Facebook group?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views