ANYONE???!?!!??

Danielleneed2loosew
eight

on 1/27/06 1:53 am - Woodstock, Canada
HI, anyone out there from nb Canada? pls anyone that would like to chat with me about weight loss. Thankyou
little_lamb
on 1/30/06 12:28 pm - Moncton, Canada
Hey there - I just joined tonight. Haven't had surgery yet but I'm getting close. I was pretty excited to find a NB forum.
paramedic
on 2/1/06 4:15 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Shelly, My name is Laurie Gagnon. I live in the Annapolis Valley, Nove Scotia. I too is just starting my journey to a new me. I am currently waiting to recieve an appointment to see Dr. B in Moncton. I am also reading there is a or could be a long wait. Once I get my medical coverage from MSI, I will then be looking at other alternitives ie: Toronto, or even Mexico. Congrats to you. I think it is so important to have a circle of people that are trying to reach the same goal. The more the merrier. What type of surgery are you planning to have? I myself is hoping to have the lap-band. Yuo ccan find alot if information on this site. Hope to hear from you Bye for know Laurie
sunneegirl
on 2/1/06 11:13 am - Whitinsville, MA
Hi Danielle! I just moved to NB a few months ago from Massachusetts to be closer to family. Had WLS almost two years ago, a tummy tuck over the summer, and all together have lost about 129 pounds. Feel free to check out my profile, though I've been pretty bad and haven't updated in some time. Drop me a line if you want to chat! Paula
little_lamb
on 2/2/06 11:49 am - Moncton, Canada
Hey Paula, That is awesome!!! I havn't had the surgery yet and am getting scared to death. Did you have the band or the gastric bypass? What was your biggest struggle with it all? Shelley
sunneegirl
on 2/2/06 11:56 pm - Whitinsville, MA
Hi Shelley... Thank you! I had the gastric bypass surgery. I guess I have to say my biggest struggle is/was the same as it was before, and that is exercise. Hated it before, hate it now. But, I manage to do some walking, and I purposely will park at the far end of a parking lot when I go shopping. Food problems (dumping, etc.) has never really been an issue with me. But I was really good about staying away from bad carbs most of the time (hey... we're all human). Dark chicken meat (my favorite part) does sit kind of heavy in my stomach, but steak doesn't. I'm still obsessed with scoping out this website and the internet for good recipes, because even though we can't eat nearly as much as before, we still enjoy eating, so we often have leftovers because the recipes make so much. My favorite leftover is steak (cold) sliced up thin and tossed on a salad with egg and cheese and ranch of bleu cheese dressing.... Yummy! To be honest, it's good to be scared of this surgery, because it is serious. Keep researching, and when you think you know all you might think you need to know, something else will pop up. If the hospital your surgeon is at offers support group meetings, I strongly suggest that you go (if it's not a requirement by your surgeon -- it was a requirement by ours, but I would have gone anyway). This website is great for doing research on. I found it about three years ago when I started researching gastric bypass and typed "before and after weight loss photos" in a search engine. But in any case, I have no regrets about having this surgery... and if you have any questions, don't hesitiate to ask me or post a question on the main messageboard (busiest one, likelier to get general answers there). If you ask me something and I can't answer, I'll let you know that. I'm no expert, but I've been through it. Take care, and good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/06 12:23 am - Quispamsis, Canada
classyb96
on 6/9/06 11:49 am - dartmouth, Canada
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me about the serg. i am on a waiting lst here for over 3-6 yrs , told me to contact a doctor in N.B. was wondering if anyone has used him and what he was like and if anyone knows how to get in touch with him and if you know if his waiting list is long . please help me , i am really ill and want the help with the serg. thanks peace
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1070 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1777 views