LIQUID DIET IS HARD

Shawnteria Cornelius
on 3/13/06 8:06 am - Charlotte, NC
Well you guys I have failed terribly today. I was to start my liquid diet today and it was all good until I got home. I have ate like it was the last supper. I have surgery on March 23rd and I'm not sure if I can handle it.Will try to start over tomorrow. Wish me luck.Any suggestions? I didn't think it would be this hard for me. I guess this shows how much I am scared to let go of food but why?
Nancy_S
on 3/13/06 8:42 am - Candler, NC
Shawnteria... You CAN do this! I promise! It was the hardest part of all it for me because it took shear will power. I had to do the liquid diet for ten days before surgery, I did great for seven days, then everything started making me sick. I was supposed to drink slimfast (the high protein one) and it got to where when I opened the can and could smell it, I would start heaving. I decided to call my surgeon's office.....my thought was I would have rather fasted for the last three days than try and drink another slimfast. They gave me suggestions and made it work for me, so I would say call the office and see what they suggest. I can also tell you that after about three days I didn't really feel hungry any more, the headaches went away (yep, I had those). After surgery has been easy compared to those ten days, so hang in there! Good luck! Nancy
Lisa L.
on 3/13/06 8:43 am - Winston Salem, NC
Sorry you are having such a rough time of it, Shawnteria. Hang in there, hon...tomorrow is another day. Every time you want to eat solids tomorrow, just think about how wonderful you are going to feel after the surgery is over. Keep your eye on the prize....that was the only way I was able to give up . We're all behind you! Lisa L.
Maureen M.
on 3/13/06 10:02 am - Shelby, NC
Shawnteria, The liquid diet is very difficult to do. I just got home Saturday from the hospital and am having oanother set of issues right now.Call the nutritionist at your surgeon's office. They may give you something you can have which will break up the severity and make it more possible for your to do. I had one of the green lettuce salads from the supermarket (without carrots) and a little balsamic vinegar on it. And another day had some sliced of very lean turkey breast. But I was on 21 days with one meal the first seven days and two meals of SlimFast. The SlimFast was starting to gag me so I found an alternative product. Carnation Instant Breakfast in milk chocolate mixed witha scoop of Isopure Dutch Chocolate from GNC mixed in skim milk. I mixed in my Magic Bullet (a blender will work as well) with crushed ice. That not tasted wonderful, it was very high in protein - I think 50 grams a serving which helped keep be very filled up. And for two meals I picked up Monster Milk in cookies and cream flavor at GNC. Again with the crushed ice -- it tastes so very nice. I hope I have helped just a little bit. Do keep your eye on the prize and build upon each meal's success as your own committment to making the decision to make this choice for yourself. Many blessings, Maureen.
march-hare
on 3/14/06 7:09 am - Huntersville, NC
Girl you can do it! Part of this is just pure grief. That wonderful food that got us here to need to have surgery is poison right now. Cry over, swear at it and say goodbye to the life it has brought you .....Love ya Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 590 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1628 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1313 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1656 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2687 views