I'm Home!!!!

adrienne
on 3/14/06 12:12 pm - siler city, NC
I was discharged at 8 oclock this evening and it was an hour and a half home. Im in good spirits. a little sore and have lots of gas. i think its normal. they took the drainage tube out before i left and that was when i felt the gas. i know i have lots more to deal with and it will be hard but this experience so far was a breeze. i woke up grogy and out of it but the pain in my tummy was not the first think i thought of. it was my throat that hurt and my mouth was dry. i was very uncomfortable sleeping last night in that hospital bed so when Dr Malik mentioned going home today a day early i was happy. he said i broke the record for his patients. i was the first one going home the very next day. he told me that when he was performing the surgery that he was thinking it was going so well that he thought about me going home early. the nurses said it was such a pretty barium swallow too. i just took some meds so im off to bed for a little while. thanks so much everyone for all your prayers and support. holly, i love you bunches and bunches. adrienne
ANGIET
on 3/14/06 9:20 pm - Conover, NC
Congradulations! Glad all is well. Remember to take it easy and follow all drs. orders. God Bless. Angie
Lisa L.
on 3/14/06 9:58 pm - Winston Salem, NC
Welcome home, Adrienne! Wow, you are really doing fabulous....getting to go home so quick! Now you be a good girl and get lots of rest and take care of yourself. Lisa L.
Phenomenal Woman
on 3/14/06 10:00 pm - Eastern, NC
Glad you made it through. Take care, get some . Talk to you soon. If you need to talk just call me. Phenom
tigersmom
on 3/14/06 10:32 pm - Kinston, NC
Congradulations on such a great and speedy surgery! Take it easy and get plenty of rest, so the recovery will be a breeze as well. Hugs to you, Perry W.
march-hare
on 3/14/06 11:47 pm - Huntersville, NC
great job!!! Sip, sip sip and take those pain meds. Gail
Maureen M.
on 3/15/06 12:45 am - Shelby, NC
Three cheers for you!!!! Remember to drink your water. And no one ever said anything to me, but keep an eye on the incision that had the drain stitched into it. The night after I came home that incision was draining while I slept. When I woke up - about 3 hours later - I was in a puddle of blood and drainage juice 3 feet long and a foot wide; my gown was soaked from hem to neck and I waqs soaked to the skin from my belly button all the way around to where the good Lord split me. It was an awful mess. It was a lot of cleaning up but I called the doctor's office and was told I would be fine and I have been. Well you get lots of rest -- it's time for a nap for me. Many blessings, Maureen
english
on 3/15/06 8:19 am - Matthews, NC
Congratulations!! Pug mom D will be home tomorrow, so you both will be in same situation... keep at it girl! Gavin.
HollyS
on 3/18/06 6:38 am - RockyMount, NC
awwwwwwwwwww,, adrienne Im sorry I didnt post earlier but I just read this. and I love you bunches and bunches too and even though we are so far apart we can still support each other VIA phone or net... I am here for you anytime you need me.... And thats whats friends are for. I am glad you r doing well I hope for the same with me. But we will see.
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1625 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views