Will State Employees Health Plan pay for a 2nd WLS?

Band to DS
on 4/24/11 1:02 pm, edited 2/4/12 2:51 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Barbara C.
on 4/25/11 2:07 am - Raleigh, NC

Hi Shelli,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much with your surgery. I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but have a couple of suggestions regarding getting an answer. First, I'd start with your surgeon's office. I'm sure that you are not the first to experience a 'failure' with the band and then 'revise' to an RNY in his office. It does happen and you are surely not the first. They may know if your insurance covers the 'revision.' They should be able to help document the issues with the band that you are experiencing and provide the medical 'reason' that you need a revision. Also you may want to cross-post this question to the following forums because there may well be others in your shoes that can answer your question; Revisions, RNY, LapBand and Main forums.

Finally, please do not feel alone with this issue. You are not the first and will not be the last. It is not an indictment of you or the band. Some surgeries don't work for some people. I know that we have had others in my support group that meets in Raleigh. Maybe talking to others that have walked the road you are traveling, either in person or online, will help as you work to move forward and take care of yourself.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

healthierme
on 4/26/11 9:20 am - Triangle, NC
I had a revision from lapband to the DS, and I have the State Employee's Health Plan. Good luck!

HW 300ish / SW 280 / CW 162.8/ GW 140?

Band to DS
on 4/28/11 2:33 pm, edited 2/4/12 2:51 am

Band to DS
on 4/29/11 3:52 am, edited 2/4/12 2:51 am

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 591 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1629 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1656 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2690 views