SOOOO ANGRY!!!

Kim2011
on 11/11/11 4:47 am - NC
Insurance denied my surgery. The surgeon did a peer to peer review on Monday and they told me to get my nueorlogist to send a letter stating why I need the surgery and they told me to write an appeal letter as well. I overnighted my letter but my wonderful nuero has yet to returned my call and I have been calling everyday! To even frustrate me more I was calling the surgeons office everyday to see what the outcome is. She kept telling me she did not know because the doctor was in surgery, the doctor was in an all day training, so on..Finally on Thursday morning she told me that she was able to talk with the surgeon and he said that he did the peer to peer review Monday and that the medical director wanted me file and would get back to them with a decision in 4 days. The coordinator told me that if she didn't hear from them on Thursday before they closed she would call them. I called the surgeons office this morning and they told me that they have not heard anything back yet. And that if they didn't hear anything today they were going to take me off the shcedule. I called the insuarnce company myself and they said it doesn't show there was a peer to peer review and that it only shows a denial. I attempted to call the surgeons office for answers and advice and they closed an hour early!!

I am so frustrated, annoyed, angry and hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
shoutjoy
on 11/11/11 6:55 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

Wow, I can understand your anger..  Dealing with insurance companies is a pain in the butt for sure.  Keep fighting. Keep being that squeeky wheel.  Can you go directly to these medical people and camp out until you get the answers you need?  If this surgery means a lot to you, you may want to try. 

Keep us postedl.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 596 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1659 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2691 views