Central Carolina Surgery in Greensboro NC

daxsgirl
on 3/5/13 5:34 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
I was wondering if anybody has had the WLS with Central Carolina surgery in Greensboro NC? If so can you tell me about your experience and what to expect at my intial consult on Thursday?

TynettaM
on 3/5/13 11:10 pm - Greensboro, NC

I had my lapband done in 2008 and i'm back getting the Lapband to Rny revision within the next few weeks.

The staff has always been great. Carol is the coordinator.

Your first appt, just expect to be real and open with the doctors. They are all awesome. I have Dr Newman. He will tell you about the options and ask if you have any questions.

I suggest writing some questions down and take them if you have them. Most of the doctors want to get to know you and your struggles with your weight.

Afterwards, you will have your appt set up or they will call you with your appt. If you have questions, I would suggest emailing Carol- it's the fastest way to get an answer, usually in about 24 hours or less- her hours are 9-3 m-f

Check with your insurance ahead of time to see if there is any diet requirements like a 6 month diet or something....I worked out for me b/c I did that before my initial consult.

OVerall my experience has been good........just make sure you stay on top of things and it will go smoothly.

My timeline for my revision:

11/1- initial consult

1 week later- PSY and NUT visit

Dec 18 ? -Endoscopy

Feb 1 visit with the surgeon

Feb 28 email advising info was sent to the insurance company

3/5- additional info was sent

attentive date- 3/19

You timeline can be short depending on your availability for appts.

My timeline worked for me b/c I wanted my surgery near a certain date.

inbox with any questions

daxsgirl
on 3/6/13 12:03 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. Carol is the greatest. my insurance doesn't require a 3 or 6 months dietdiet plan I'm lucky. I already attended the seminar and turned in the forms.
I also turned in the letter of medical necessity for my primary doctor. I quit smoking in January but I do still wear patches will that cause a problem?
my doctor is Benjamin Hoxworth, I met doctor Newman at the seminar he seems nice. I'm not working right now so I hope I can get my appointments done soon. I start school in Jube but it's online classes.
I need to lose 140 pounds so I think gastric bypass is the way for me too. my insurance covers everything, I just have to pay my copay is 10 dollars. did you have to pay to see the nutritionist or does the insurance cover it?

TynettaM
on 3/6/13 2:55 am - Greensboro, NC

My insurance covered both the NUT visit and psy visit with a copay. Just depends on your coverage.....my insurance the first time covered the psy but not the NUt and I had to pay 125.00 but that was back in 2007.

Oh yeah, if you get Dr Lurery for PSy visit...he is really nice....a little weird, but he knows his stuff.

If I would have used my insurance through my job it would be much more...said considering I work for an insurance company.

I just got a call from my insurance caseworker with BCBSMO and I am approved for my revision surgery.

I'm excited.

Carol faxed my info over last Thursday, the insurance caseworker called telling me i needed to provide 3 additional months of weightloss history and Carol faxed that over today around 10 am....15 min ago I got a call and I'm approved.

daxsgirl
on 3/6/13 3:00 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
That is great!! I have BCBS IL. We have no deductible and copay is only 10 dollars. there was a letter in my packet thinking I might have to pay 100 dollar nonrefundable fee to the nutrionist? I guess if your insurance doesn't cover it? I go tomorrow for my new show consult, and Carol will be making my appointments for me. I hope it all goes smoothly. have you got your date yet?

TynettaM
on 3/6/13 6:32 am - Greensboro, NC

once i make my payment ( 150.00 deductible, and 450 out of pocket i will have one ) can't wait to pay it on Friday or Monday

that's awesome you don't have a deductible

i called welsey long to have them research my out of pocket with them......

rosengso
on 3/7/13 4:31 am - greensboro, NC
RNY on 02/18/13

Hey how was your initial visit? 

daxsgirl
on 3/7/13 4:53 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
My appointment went good. Went for Lab work after I left. Have to turn in papers that I recieved at the end of appointment. Carol said she would email me my appointments for bone density, US of abdomen, and chest xray, and phys evaluation.Then when that was done they will send it to insurance and should hear back from them in 7-10 days. Then I would talk to surgery person for date and see Nutritionist 2 weeks priorprior to surgery. Does that sound like everything? I have no deposit to pay or deductible we have awesome insurance.

TynettaM
on 3/7/13 7:58 am - Greensboro, NC

awesome.........

You are on a roll. We I got some sad news today......though i'm approved....I can't have surgery at Wesley long due to some bill from 2007......I have been researching it all day...apparently nothing was billed incorrectly.....so i'm on it....

Though the bill is in collections it's doesn't matter...make sure you have all past due bills paid in the Moses Cone system period.

Good news is that i may have a surgeon at duke who will take me and they are in network.

daxsgirl
on 3/7/13 8:00 am - NC
RNY on 05/13/13
I called the accounting dept. I only owe $75.00 . Thank goodness. Duke is awesome, I hope it all works out for you. Keep me updated!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views