Joining this board

southernlady5464
on 3/13/13 11:55 pm

My husband and I will be moving to the Asheville metro area this fall (Sept time frame). We have been looking at property online and will hit the ground in late June to start the visual check of possible properties.

We are both DS'er's...his surgery was in Dec 2010, mine 5 weeks later in Jan 2011. Both of us have reached goal weight. (both of us are lightweights).

One thing we know we will need is a knowledgeable OR TRAINABLE PCP to help with labs. But until we know which county and which insurance, we don't know who will be in network.

But I just wanted to step in the door and say hi!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

PetHairMagnet
on 7/13/13 9:18 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hope you have liked the properties you have seen in person!

I would think your surgeon could give you a recommendation once you know exactly where you will be living.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

southernlady5464
on 7/14/13 11:11 pm

Thank you...we did find a house in Tryon.

As to my surgeon, HE will just expect me to come see him. *I* am using this as a reason to leave him as his aftercare sucks pond water. He's a fantastic cutter but his office is clueless.

I prefer to find a PCP willing to work with me. We also may run into an issue with insurance as our Medicare Advantage policies tend to want us to stay IN state and my surgeon will be out of state then.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

PetHairMagnet
on 10/27/13 10:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Hope you find someone you like! I cannot imagine moving to another state and a doctor thinking I'd come back for follow ups!

I would call the bariatric surgeons and see who they most often get referrals from.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1625 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views