Hello

dream2reality
on 4/6/13 11:08 am - NC

I've lurked on this site for quite awhile, but recently decided to create a profile and post when I made the decision to go forth with weight loss surgery.  My plan is to have gastric bypass in the coming months.  All my pre-surgery requirements are complete, now I'm waiting for everything to be gathered and sent for insurance approval.  While I'm in limbo I plan to attend a support group in my local area and continue to absorb all the helpful information on this site.

"For nothing will be impossible with God." Luke 1:37

bubbylucy
on 4/7/13 11:28 pm - Raleigh, NC

Well welcome to the OH site. It has been a great help to read and to comment. The NC board has been rather quiet lately, but there is a lot of information on the main board and the RNY board. I have had friends use Dr Enochs and his partner and had a wonderful experience. I wish you the best with your journey. Please feel free to friend me and ask questions if needed.

Good luck

Audra

Barbara C.
on 4/28/13 9:34 am - Raleigh, NC

I used to be on this forum every day, but haven't been active since the beginning of the year. At any rate, I'm sorry for not responding soon. Welcome to the forum and to OH. I had my gastric bypass nearly 6 years ago through Duke. I run a large support group that meets in North Raleigh and we have a number of members that have used Dr. Enochs and have been very happy with their result. I wish you all the best and look forward to getting to know you better.

Warmly,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

dream2reality
on 4/28/13 11:34 pm - NC

Nice to meet everyone.  I will check out the other forums too!

"For nothing will be impossible with God." Luke 1:37

Barbara C.
on 4/29/13 3:49 am - Raleigh, NC

If you ever want to attend any of the local support group meetings that I host you are most welcome to do so. We have a monthly general meeting on the first Saturday of the month. I also host meetings each Thursday evening. You can get information about upcoming support group meetings at www.meetup.com/nc-wls.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

AnniesSS
on 5/13/13 10:33 am
RNY on 09/11/12

Welcome. My surgeon was Dr Tyner.  The doctor's and nurses are good there... it's the office people that sometimes is questionable.  The store downstairs has some great items and the prices are comparable to the internet. I take advantage of the store as often as I can!

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1624 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum