New to ND board! Hello fellow North Dakotans!

evexavier
on 2/23/11 11:53 pm - ND
I didn't realize there was a ND board on here!  Awesome!

My VSG surgery is exactly two weeks from today (March 10th).  That means I started my 2 week pre-op diet this morning.  It is going OK, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hungry. 

I posted this on the other board but thought I would see if any of you knew, especially since some of you may have had the same surgeon...?

Can I have powdered coffee creamer on this pre-op diet?

steve D.
on 2/24/11 12:41 am, edited 2/24/11 12:43 am - West Fargo, ND
Welcome!!!

Our board is not as active as the main board, but we have fun! Congratulations on having the surgery. I had the RNY, but the sleeve is the new kid on the block and will at some time replace RNY as the most common surgery.

Feel free to post here anytime. If you ever get to Fargo, let us know ahead of time. A bunch of us get together at least once a month to visit. You would certainly be welcome to join us anytime!

Please feel free to contact directly if there are any questions you have. We will make room for you on the losers bench!!

Steve

PS..Watch out for someone named tinkerbell025. She is a little, well you know. LOL

steve D.
on 2/24/11 12:44 am - West Fargo, ND
As far as the coffee creamer, ask your doc.  Everyone is a little different in what they allow.  You will not die or fail if you have it though.  Just my humble opinion.

Steve

Tammi H.
on 2/24/11 8:41 am
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your surgery.  You are about to embark on a wonderful journey of health.  Take the time to celebrate your successes.  Try to remember to take some before photos so you will always remember how far you have come.  I don't know the answer to your creamer question but I'm sure your dr's office can give you a quick answer.  I know my dr's office has always been so helpful.  Good luck!
Tammi  
starting weight 224, size XL (16-18); now weight is 129, a size 4 size medium or small

tinkerbell025
on 3/3/11 4:00 am - Fargo, ND
Welcome to the ND board and congrats on your up coming event! The Pre opt diet sucks but it is very important- follow your groups plan and you will gain gold stars!

AS far as the creamer goes. My guess would be no. I am betting because it isn't sugar free or calorie free during your pre opt diet they want you to cut the extras. This gives your liver time to rest and do some shrinking to make more room in there during surgery. After surgery I know my doctor said no coffee, this wen on for a couple months. Now I have a nice cup each morning and sometimes in the eve. I limit it to that amount for more then one reason. The biggest reason is, I don't want it eating away at my insides ( I like my coffee strong). I add creamer and splenda, that adding a bit of fat into my diet, and not the healthy type fats either.
It will all be about self control and the willingness of letting go of our old habits and creating new ones. The better we do that the more successes we shall gain.

Ask your program is the best answer.

I wish you all the luck and many gold stars! Come visit us sometime. We do post outings on this page.
Kelly/tink

p.s- About that Steve guy (beware) He is getting up there on having memory issues, lack of some vitamin I am sure. We do check him out on a pass from the home once a month. We ask the staff to make sure he is fully medicated prior, so that way we know he will behave while on the outing! LOL
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
evexavier
on 3/3/11 4:57 am - ND

Funny!  I am OK...got through my first week but only lost 6lbs.  Guess I only need to lose 10 so I am not as freaked out as I was when I thought it was 15.  The nutritionist said yes the the powdered coffee creamer, so I have just a bit when I have coffee, which isn't everyday and when I do it is only a cup or two.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

steve D.
on 3/3/11 6:43 am - West Fargo, ND
OK...Just because I go to coffee on the wrong day all the time does not mean I am losing it.  Well, not much anyway.  You will do fine with your weight loss.  Beware of those touting cottage cheese and microwaved turkey pepperoni as the required breakfast. 

Remember, some people grew up when drug use was acceptable.

steve

Most Active
Recent Topics