New to the ND forum!!!

KatCooper
on 3/13/11 11:20 am - Collierville, TN
Hi everyone!  I am new to the board and wanted to introduce myself.  I am from Oakes, ND (south east corner)   I am still working with my dietician and RN to complete my 6 months of counseling prior to surgery.  I am on track to have my approval in May and Surgery in June.  I will have my surgery in Park Rapids.   I am really looking forward to the changes that the surgery will bring.  I have been considering the surgey for the past 5 years and finally have decided it is the right choice for me. 
Matt2011
on 3/13/11 1:21 pm - Moorhead, MN

Hello.  I'm also working towards my surgery, hopefully I can have it done in July.  Welcome to the Nd board .

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

steve D.
on 3/15/11 12:04 am - West Fargo, ND
Welcome to both of you!!  My name is Steve and I had surgery in March of 2010.  As you begin this process, if you have any questions or concerns, etc.  Please feel free to post here or send a PM.  There is a bunch of us that meet for coffee in Fargo.  You are welcome anytime.  We always post the day of coffee here.  Look forward to meeting you sometime.  We will make room for you on the losers bench!!

Steve

Tammi H.
on 3/15/11 7:03 am
Welcome to both of you preparing to join the loser's bench.  It is definitely a life changing experience.  I had the RNY and am now working at using the tool I've been given to maintain my weight.  I am so happy with my decision to have the surgery.  Good luck to you both and I hope to meet you at one of our gatherings.
Tammi  
starting weight 224, size XL (16-18); now weight is 129, a size 4 size medium or small

KatCooper
on 3/15/11 7:14 am - Collierville, TN
Thanks so much for the welcome!  I love the thought of being on the losers bench!  I will watch for the coffee meetings.  Unfortunately I am not up in Fargo often, but it sounds like a good excuse to shop!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

tinkerbell025
on 3/15/11 1:31 pm - Fargo, ND
Welcome Matt and Welcome Kat!

The journey your'e preparing for is wonderful. Hang on tight and enjoy the ride.
I am 2 1/2 yrs out and have pretty much maintained for over a year. Yes, there can be ups and downs and speed bumps along the way- keep your eye on the prize at the far end.

Wishing you both much success and look forward to questions and you sharing more on your experiences
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Most Active
Recent Topics