New Member -- Introduction and Medicare Questions

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 11:29 pm - ND
Hello everyone!  I just found this website and though it would be a good support tool for me.  I guess I should tell you about myself.  I'm 37, 5'8", and 378 lbs.  I'm currently going through Sanford Healthcare's weight loss surgery pre-op program and tomorrow I have my third of six required dietician visits.  I am fully disabled due to being bi-polar and I have Medicare and ND Medical Assistance.  Even though I called my Medicare provider and I am meeting all the requirements for surgery I have this aching feer in my subconcious that I am going to be denied.  Oh, I should add that I have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea.  I'm so incredibly dumb when it comes to Medicare and Medicaid and I was wondering if anyone else has also dealt with Medicare covering their gastric bypass surgery.  I know they pay 80% and don't cover certain types of banding which I'm not having anyway.  

I apologize that this wasn't much of an introductory post but I'm glad I'm here and I hope to post more often.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics