Dr Smith in Park Rapids

Matt2011
on 12/19/11 2:21 am - Moorhead, MN
I originally posted this in the Mn forum, but had no one respond, so I figured i would try it here.  Hello,  I'm scheduled for my RNY on the 30th of this month.  With just two weeks to go I have to admit im pretty excited.  Is there anyone else on this board that had Dr. Smith as well and are willing to share their experience? Thanks. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

steve D.
on 12/19/11 5:25 am - West Fargo, ND
I am sure there will be some responses.  I had mine done in Fargo, but hang with some that did theirs in PR.

Good Luck!!

Steve

Matt2011
on 12/19/11 5:30 am - Moorhead, MN
 Thanks. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

sknd34
on 12/19/11 5:54 am - West Fargo, ND
I had Dr. Smith for my surgeries. I originally had the realize band put in about 3 years ago and now had a revision to RNY done on Nov. 28. You are in great hands. The staff are awesome.  If you have any concerns, go ahead and ask them.
Steph
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Tammi H.
on 12/19/11 6:47 am
Matt,  I had Dr. Smith 2 years ago for my surgery.  I thought he was a great dr.  I did have to have 2 dilitations after surgery, but Dr. Smith got me right in and I've done very well ever since.  I have never not had anyone call me right back if I had any ?'s or concerns.  The surgery is definitely not an easy road but I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  I've been very pleased with my results and the support I've received from Dr. Smith's office and from my friends here on the ND loser's bench.  My advice is to follow Dr. Smith's instructions and get active in this crazy ND group.  Good luck to you and welcome to the loser's bench.
Tammi  
starting weight 224, size XL (16-18); now weight is 129, a size 4 size medium or small

Matt2011
on 12/19/11 7:11 am - Moorhead, MN
  Ive been hearing good things about him and his staff.  I'm confident I chose the right surgreon.  Thanks, I think i just needed to be reassured.  I will let you all know how things go.  Talk to you soon. 

Kelly_DeAnn
on 12/27/11 12:19 am - ND
Good Luck Matt!  You will be so happy with the surgery.  I just had mine on October 25th and am so happy that I had it done.
I lknow how excited you are.  I could hardly wait to have surgery.  My family and friends were a little confused on how I could be sooooo excited and not scared.

Kelly DeAnn Dougherty
Matt2011
on 12/27/11 12:41 am - Moorhead, MN
 Thanks, Kelly. 

-Vii-
on 12/27/11 4:52 am - MN

Hi!

I didn't have Dr. Smith, but had his partner Dr. Wroblewski (sp).  I am guessing a lot of the staff crosses over and they were all wonderful there.  They are all really helpful and quick to answer a question if you have any.  The staff at the hospital was really nice and helpful too. 

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Carolyn "Vii"

Matt2011
on 12/27/11 9:33 pm - Moorhead, MN
 Thanks Vii. 

Most Active
Recent Topics