Surgery Dec 19th with Dr. Gary Anthone

N K.
on 12/14/03 4:18 am - Kearney, NE
Hi All, Since my insurance coverage for this procedure is being dropped Jan 1st, I've done some quick work and luckily found Dr. Gary Anthone to perform Open Duodenal Switch. He is very well known in California and just relocated to Omaha to be near family. A couple of questions! 1. Has anyone else had surgery yet with Dr Anthone? 2. Do you know how long the surgery takes? 3. What should I take to hospital with me? 4. What foods should I have at home after I'm released from the hospital? Thanks so much! Please send your positive "vibes" my way! Thanks, Nancy
CJ C.
on 12/19/03 8:54 am - Cottage Grove, OR
wow that is tomorrow..praying for you - a safe and successful surgery!Please let us all know how you are doing post-op..sorry I don't have any answers to your questions... but I will be sending you those positive vibes
Linn R.
on 1/5/04 2:37 am - Canyon Lake , TX
Nancy - How are you feeling? I am having my first consult visit with Dr. Anthone on Friday. I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. How did things go for you? What is your impression on Dr. Anthone, his staff and that of the hospital? Hope things are going great for you and that you are on the way to a healthier life. Linn
N K.
on 1/11/04 12:08 am - Kearney, NE
Linn, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I don't have e-mail at home - am in the office to do a little catching up. I'll be at home through the end of January and the part time the first week of February. I think Dr.. Anthone knows his stuff. He is professional, to the point. I thought the hospital was great and his staff too. Only hang-ups were that I was the first surgery he had done here in Omaha so.....he didn't have any of the support materials for me nor did the hospital. The dietitcian was clueless about what I should eat etc. I had a check up last week and I think some of that is already better. I did have some minor problems with my feeding tube - he looked at it and was going to talk to folks at the hospital about other options for tubes. (my tube basically sealed up) and I had a little bleeding from my navel that also luckily cleared up in a few days. He kept calling me a cadillac patient as I don't have any co-illnesses. So I think my recovery has gone along well. It is difficult though. I hope you can get some help for when you get home and you'll be very tired. Move around as much as you can as soon as you can as that will make you stronger. Overall I have been pleased with Dr. Anthone and his staff. Let me know what you are thinking and when you have surgery scheduled! Nancy
Penny M.
on 1/20/04 5:35 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Hi Nancy My name is Penny Marsell from California, I had surgery with Dr Anthone and all I can say is he is wonderful, dont worry about a thing when it comes to him he knows his stuff and is great. I had my surgery March 2003 i have lost 70 pounds.The surgery can take 4 hours, just bring clothes to wear home to the hospital, a book to read. for food, depends, Dr Anthone will tell you what he wants you to eat. Make sure you eat proteins lots of it so you dont lose your hair, eat SLOW and wait in between bites, you feel up FAST, I eat all day long, so dont try to feel up all at one time.After surgery WALK at the hospital it helps you heal faster and helps pass gas. When you see Dr Anthone tell him I miss him and to come back to California.Good luck to you and dont worry about Dr Anthone , relax and I will pray for you. God bless you and Dr Anthone and all staff involed. Please keep me updated. Penny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4735 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5896 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6233 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6304 views