Recent Posts

Beth T.
on 3/14/07 1:47 am - North Platte, NE
Topic: RE: One Week Out---
I agree with Karen, and i have never taken anything till i talked to my wls dr. I have had my band for almost 5 years and love it and have had great success...hugs, Beth in NE
Karen R.
on 3/14/07 12:29 am - Gering, NE
Topic: RE: One Week Out---
I think the diahrhea is very common. If you think about it, all you are putting in is liquid. I had it for many days. Just make sure you keep hydrated. Take in as much water as possible. You still may call the dr though, afterall he is the expert and I am sure you paid him well for this *L* I called my dr.s office a lot! Karen
AngieinNE
on 3/13/07 8:47 am
Topic: RE: I need A Surgery Angel
Hi Wendy, I had my surgery in Lincoln last Tuesday. You are going to do great! I think you will have all the support and encouragement any person can handle just form this site. Also remember the group meetings. They have them at St. E's and I bet anyone can come. You'll get great support there to. I'm a week out ans struggling a little, but not enough to wish I hadn't done it! My body just needs time to figure everything out, and yours will too. You will do great! Maybe we can help each other, we are at about the same point with our surgeries just a week apart. I will be praying for you now and through your surgery. YOU ARE WORTH IT! --Angie
AngieinNE
on 3/13/07 8:40 am
Topic: One Week Out---
Hi everyone. I had my Lap-band last Tuesday and everything went pretty well. Dr. Hung said it was a good thing we moved it to St. E's because he'd have had to call an ambulance during the surgery and get me over there. I am only 4'11" and he said my organs are so packed in he could get in there very well. Ended up with an almost 2 hour surgery, 8 incisions & 2 hours in recovery because of the pain in my back from the cO2 gas. Anyway I am felling much better, but struggling with my food--even water seems to give me diahrhea. Plus I constantly feel like I am sick to my stomach. I've been using Pepcid and Gas-X but nothing so far seems to help. I am still on liquids for another week, and try to take in about 2 oz at a time. I would appreciate any advice, suggestion, etc. I've gotten to where I am almost afraid to eat because I know I am going to be sick. If nobody has had this problem, I will call the doctor tomorrow ans see what they suggest. --Angie
Beth T.
on 3/13/07 1:08 am - North Platte, NE
Topic: RE: OH events free to Chapter Leaders..
As far as i can understand, yes. You can go to the chapter leaders board and read it and tell me if im right...have a good day. Hugs, Beth
monymony
on 3/12/07 11:16 pm
Topic: RE: Support groups
Hi Chris, there is a support group in Grand Island. If you will email me I can give you information. Mona
monymony
on 3/12/07 11:15 pm
Topic: RE: Seminar and family DR.
Hi Chris, welcome to the group. I am also an old bandster like Beth. I have no regrets having the surgery done. I did have a band slip a year and a half after surgery. It was not fun but I got through it. There is risk with any surgery. The benefits of having the band far outweigh the risks. You might also log into the lap band forum. You could get a lot more opinions. Dr. Holloway did my surgery. He took excellent care of me. The important thing is do the followup as your surgeon recommends. That will increase the success of the band. Also eating healthy and exercise is important. I wish you the best of luck. Mona
monymony
on 3/12/07 11:07 pm
Topic: RE: OH events free to Chapter Leaders..
Hi Beth, Is that also for the cruises as far as seminar fees? Sounds great. Mona
Beth T.
on 3/12/07 1:57 pm - North Platte, NE
Topic: OH events free to Chapter Leaders..
For those of you that are going to events we go free..i just read it on the hapter Leaders Board...later, Beth
huskergalWsD
on 3/12/07 12:20 pm
Topic: RE: I need A Surgery Angel
Thanks Everyone; I Think I should have rephrased my self;I Am just choosing to go it with someone i feel comfortable with,, this is a huge step for me considering my situation with my heart condition,,anyway,i will be fine now,,i have found people now to join me for my new journey,thanks again for all your words of wisdom,,yes i do have anxiety but i will be fine.. 7 days and counting,,i am ready,,god bless you all in your journeys..Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4727 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5892 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6227 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6297 views