Hiking

bamma2006
on 5/12/11 8:59 pm - Nottingham, NH
So a bunch of us are planning on getting together to hike Mt. Major in Alton.  We would love to have others join us.  We do not have a firm date as of yet, but we are going to try and go in June.  If anyone is interested, please post dates that are good for you.  We will then try and coordinate a date that is good for everyone!  If this works out, we also want to try and hike once a month.  I want to do Dianna's Baths, and there are other hikes that are not difficult. 

So let me know!!! Time to get out and enjoy the warm (yes it will get warm - hopefully!) weather and sunshine!!
IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL.....KEEP GOING!!
Winston Churchill
I WILL NOT TRY..... I SIMPLY WILL

Date of Surgery - 8/15/2008
Bamma to Cameron 1/24/2006
Sookie77
on 5/12/11 9:05 pm - Milton, NH
Would love to join you, with my schedule it is going to be a hit or miss.  Just plan away and if I can I will join you.  between now and graduation it is crazy lol.  Hope to be able to join in once and a while:-)

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

pokes
on 5/13/11 6:25 am - Exeter, NH

You KNOW Im game!!
Any saturday in June works for me :)

We just did Champney Falls which is nice, about 3 miles. (Will be even better once the snow and ice all melt!). There is another one up in Bartlett thats supposed to be nice and easy but I cant remember it at the moment... .Ill have to look into it!!

Xico
on 5/13/11 9:06 am - NH

Hi Martha! -

Keep me posted....I would love to go...hopfuly recovered enough by June...but if not will want to join future hikes....I hear Nothrwood Medows State Park also has a nice trail too.

Xico

Dawn L.
on 6/4/11 10:37 am
Xico:

I live in Northwood and have seen tons of vehicles parked at Meadows for the last couple weekends.  I think it is safe for a great hike.

Dawn

Dawn

DianneK
on 5/17/11 11:42 am - Deerfield, NH
I am also game!  I don't know which weekends are going to be available but will try to fit it in.  Mt. Mooselauke I hear is also a great beginner hike and it is one of the 4000 footers!  Also, Pawtuckaway North Mountain, North Mountain By-Pass loop is a great hike!  Wish for clearing weather!
Xico
on 6/4/11 1:59 pm - NH
Thoese sound fun! Thanks for the info. on these hikes! Hope we can go sometime!
gotsnqw
on 5/20/11 6:03 pm
i'm in .. just let me know !

There is no need to look back unless you plan on going that way!

Cathy Gott Lambie
on 5/25/11 1:12 am - Loudon, NH
 Have we chosen a date?

Follow me on Facebook  Cathy Gott Lambie

Xico
on 6/4/11 1:33 pm - NH
Hi Guys - the weather has been awesome let's set a date and a place already it will be fun!!!-  

I did a hike around the Mnt. Major area called Lockes Hill located at  2427 Lake Shore Road Gilford, NH - it was an up hill/down hill rough terrain loop hike that was approx. 1.8 miles long. Folks say beginner but for me two and a half weeks post op it was a challenge but do-able - just stopped and rested a bit. Felt great after the hike!  I brought my dog with me.
  Can anyone meet me on June 12at 10:00 at Northwood Meadows?  E-mail me if you can come at [email protected]. The parking area is right in front of “Piece Time Puzzle" Shop route 4. Northwood Meadows State Park is a relatively undeveloped tract just off of one of the major roads in the state, managed for walk-in use. Many of the trails are gravel roads or otherwise graded so they can be travelled by the mobility-impaired although narrow-tired wheelchairs are not recommended. There are loop paths around Meadow Lake that require little elevation gain, and a connection to trails up Saddleback Mountain. From US Route 4 around the lake via Lake Trail and West Road Loop with return to parking lot, about 2.6 miles and the elevation gain is about 300 feet. I suggest good supportive hiking boots or shoes. Anyone want to join me? The more the merrier!  Xico (Marianne)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1565 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5034 views