So discouraged ...

Linda112
on 6/24/11 11:42 am - NH
I am 6 1/2 weeks post op and have not lost an ounce in a week!!!!!  I have only lost 19 pounds since surgery on May 10th.  I lost 50 lbs. pre-op and just don't understand why I am not losing weight !!!  I drink the water, the protein shakes and small amounts of food.  We went away to Boston for the weekend last weekend and I brought my own food, walked a ton and had gained 1.2 pounds when i got home two days later and got on the scale  !!! WTF !!!???  really?? am really wondering if all this work was worth it....

Linda112    
Linda112
on 6/24/11 8:01 pm - NH
got on the scale today and was down 2 pounds....fiNALLY !!!
  Linda112    
Sookie77
on 6/25/11 8:23 am - Milton, NH
Linda,
  first breath, the weight will come off if you follow your plan.   There is always a stall after the first couple  of weeks.  I know your fears, it will come off and you will lose more weight.  Your body has been a tremendous change and it will take a while for it to recover.  Just relax and follow your plan.  I know it is hard, but it will happen.  Make good choices now and learn the good habits.  Congrats on being on the losers bench and starting on your new life.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

ernlrnsmom
on 7/17/11 10:06 pm - Dover, NH
Glad to see the scale finally moved , that is always stressful!  I have found throughout this journey that when I got into a holding pattern and wasn't losing any weight, it was typically because I needed to take in more calories.  I know it seems completely backwards, but your body needs that extra fuel to burn calories.   Your body is working so hard to burn calories and won't if it thinks it's not getting enough.  With our new small pouches, it's easy to take in too few coalries.  Good luck on your continued weight loss.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 467 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 804 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1563 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5028 views