CMC program - how long til surgery?

MilfordMom
on 3/31/12 3:00 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Hi all,

I am new to the site.  I am going through the CMC program and I feel like there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" going on. 

I started the process in November 2011 but didn't lose any weight by my check-in in January 2012 (whatever I gained over the holidays came off before that appt - phew!).  At my last appt on Tuesday 3/27, I hit my 8% loss goal of 26 lbs (yay!) 

I assumed at that appt I would schedule my appt with the surgeon, but they told me they'd call with the appt time.  Finally heard back yesterday (Friday) and my appt is 4/16.  A friend of mine who went through the same program said it was another month after her appt with the surgeon when she finally had her surgery.

Has anyone else been through this program?  How long after your surgeon consult did you have your surgery?  I know I made it through the program rather quickly, but I don't want to wait anymore! 

Thanks for listening! 
- Vicki :-)
aka MilfordMom
Mary Ledoux
on 4/1/12 9:23 am - Londonderry, NH
RNY on 01/10/12
 Hi Vicki,

You are going through a GREAT program!  I went through CMC as well, and I am glad that I did.  Your time will come.  I had my surgery on January 10th, and I am glad I went to CMC and OTC! Best of luck to you, you are almost there!  Who is your surgeon?

Mary Ledoux
on 4/1/12 9:25 am - Londonderry, NH
RNY on 01/10/12
 I see that you have Connie Campbell, I had Dr. Catana...

MilfordMom
on 4/5/12 7:58 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thanks Mary!  I have loved the OTC so far.  I can see they are so supportive! 
pudcap
on 4/8/12 11:49 am - NH
Hi MilfordMom,

I am new to the site as well. I am going through the CMC program and have a surgery date of April 30th. I had my surgery consultation on the 28th of March so it was a month. I took the first available appointment. I thought it was a little strange too about not getting the appointment right away. I was there for my meeting with Dr. Snow (this was a step I hadn't been aware of) and then she said I was ready for my surgery consult so I went to the window to make an appointment and she said she would be making Dr. Catania's appointments in a few days and would call?? I had never had that happen anywhere before but I guess they do it differently. So in a few days when I hadn't heard anything I called back and they made the appointment then. No real problems or issues to speak of. I love Dr. Catania. I am glad a coworker who had the surgery referred me to him. So one more week of eating for me and then I am on the 2 week liquid (ish, you get one lean cusine a day) diet until surgery. Best of luck to you! :)

Janet
MilfordMom
on 4/9/12 2:57 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thanks Janet!  At least knowing your story, too, I can pretty much plan on a mid-May surgery date.   Good luck to you!  :-)
Mary Ledoux
on 4/10/12 6:21 pm - Londonderry, NH
RNY on 01/10/12
 I had Dr. C too.  I just love him!  I actaully go see him today for my 3rd month check up.  This is the best thing I could have ever done for myself!  Good luck with your surgery!

pudcap
on 4/11/12 11:08 am - NH
Thanks! And thanks for the good luck wishes. I love to hear people say they are glad they did it because at this point it's pretty scary. :0 I do love Dr. Catania though and I have every confidence in him. Hope you had good results today. Have a good weekend! :)
NancyL3
on 5/8/12 6:20 am - Derry, NH
 You're in a great program, went through CMC for my. I was there for a while for other issues (had to take 6months off). It seems like a long time but it goes by fast. At least it did for me. Once I meet with the surgeon, surgery was scheduled that day but it was about 3 weeks from than. 

Keep up the good work you will be happy when it happens. 
Nancy 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 476 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 815 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1571 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5039 views