I got my surgery date

NHKitten
on 4/21/12 11:21 am - Salisbury, NH
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share that I finally got approved, lost my required weight, and I finally have my surgery date of May 14. I am very excited but a little nervous too. I am kind of apprehensive about going on the 2-week liquid diet prior to the surgery which is coming up very soon. I am hoping I survive it. I've heard good and bad things about it. My surgeon is Dr. David Gould and I'll be going to the Elliott Hospital. If anyone has any words of encouragement I think I could use some.
Sookie77
on 4/22/12 9:08 pm - Milton, NH
Congratulations on your date, it will be here before you know it.  I didn't have to do a 2 week liquid diet but I have heard good things about it.  
Everyone is nervous before surgery, if they are not they are lying.  You will be through the tough part very soon, and on the losers bench with us doing the happy dance (OK so the first few weeks no dancing but you will understand).
Remember to sip sip sip and walk walk walk.  That is the key and it is true to this day and I am almost 2 years out. 
Bring a pillow for the ride home, and place it between your belly and the seat belt, this helps hold everything still while driving on the wonderfully smooth NH roads. 

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

NHKitten
on 4/23/12 11:04 am - Salisbury, NH
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks for the encourament. I will keep your words in mind. I can't wait to do the happy dance.
paisley987
on 5/6/12 11:21 am
VSG on 09/24/12
 Hi.  I'm in the process right now and I also have Dr Gould.  I would love to follow you and your journey.  I'm hoping to have my surgery in June or July.  Can you tell me how long from when you submitted your paperwor****il your surgery was set?  

From what I've seen so far, I would say Dr Gould is very good and you will be good hands.
Good luck,

Nicolle

NHKitten
on 5/7/12 10:59 am - Salisbury, NH
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi Nicolle,

Thank you for writing. I have actually been in the program for a year and a half. I started the program in June of 2010. I had all my paperwork done and submitted by August of that year except for my psychiatric evaluation. I had to have another one done just recently because the first one wasn't good enough. It has been a long and slow journey for me. I completed all the requirements except for the 10 pound weight loss. It has taken me up to this past March to lose the required weight. So I went to the classes for almost all that time. Then within a few weeks they scheduled me for the appointment with the nutritionist, the nurse Sheri,  and then Dr. Gould. That was the end of April. After that it was about 1 1/2 weeks before they called me with my surgery date.

So if you submit your paperwork and complete all the requirements, including your weight loss, they will schedule you for the appointments. They usually schedule you for surgery about 4-5 weeks after you see Dr. Gould. He seems like a nice doctor and well educated with bariatrics. So I am comfortable with him doing the surgery.

How long have you been in the program? Right now I am doing the 2 week Stage II diet and boy is it tough! Not to scare you at all but it sure takes a lot of willpower to stick with it. Something I don't have much of. But I have six days to go and I know I'll make it through the rest of this week.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 471 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 808 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1565 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5034 views