WLS in Nashua at SNHMC

Kim D.
on 7/10/03 4:21 am - Nashua, NH
Howdy Howdy all my fellow WLSers, I am Kim and I am about half way through the process here at the Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Obesity Clinic program (whew that was a mouthful why cant they name it Bobs Hospital!!??). I have been heavy my whole life. My major questions are how people are trying to deal with the psychological side effects of losing that emotional crutch of food. I have read numerous articles and most of them state that people who have been over wieght their whole lives have a harder time with the emotional repercusions since they have no idea how to be thin. What are some peoples takes on this! Also i have made some great connections with some local people but would love to have more WLS buddies! Hugsssss Kim
kathyb
on 7/10/03 9:19 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Kim, I had my surgery with Dr Drinkwater in February. I also have been overweight my whole life. I asked my dad right before surgery if I was ever 'normal' sized, even as a kid, and he said not that he could remember. By the time I had the WLS I was really ready, so the emotional issues haven't been bad so far. I know my self-esteem has really gone up since the surgery and I am a lot more sure of myself. I'm 5'3" and started at 215 (238 at my heaviest when I started the journey) and I'm now about 153 - 15 pounds from doctor's goal for me. The first couple of weeks I went through a period where I was really depressed and feeling like I had lost my best friend. But since then, I've been fine. Best of luck on your journey. If you want to talk, just drop a line. Kathy
Jeffrey P.
on 7/18/03 1:19 am
Hello Kim,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 477 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 816 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1572 views
CMC lifestyle chances class