I need help with an insurance problem!!!

Janie N.
on 10/17/03 5:44 am - sanbornville, nh
I have done all the classes, all the testing, all the meetings except the one with the dr. and they all say I am a prime canadate for wls. I was told 2 weeks ago that my apt with the dr. will be in just a couple of weeks and that surgery will probably be scheduled for Oct. I get a phone call today from them and they won't schedule me an appointment with the dr. because everyone that has Cigna is being denied so they are not even going to try. They said that I need to have two medically professional diets in writing and one has to be within the this year. I have been working since January to get this surgery done, I did not go to any professional dietition or dr about weight loss or have anything documented. They said I am going to have to spend the next 6 or so months and get myself in to a medical program that does dietary therapy, exercise therapy, and behavioral therapy. I JUST WANT TO DIE!!!! WHAT CAN I DO????? PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!!! THANKS, JANIE
Debi Rouilliard
on 10/17/03 11:46 pm - Elizabeth City, NC
I am sorry to hear about your news, cigna is really awful and i hear that they are denying everyone so your Dr. isnt making up stories. Does your work have any other ins plans? That would be my next step and if i was as desperate as you sound i would even consider looking for another job with new ins .... Hopefully they will come around and change there policy. Good luck Debi Lee
Jo Ann B.
on 10/24/03 3:17 am - South Berwick, ME
Hi Janie I am sorry about your insurance situation. It hardly seems fair when you know you would greatly benefit and are an idea candidate for WLS. I too had CIGNA. I had my surgery July 28th 2003. I was approved on the first submission, so don't believe CIGNA denies everyone right off the bat; that just isn't true. But I had been working with a diabetes educator, and my primary doctor for obesity related diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, GERD, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, sleep apnea, for close to two years. My weight had been documented every three months. I started researching WLS in January of 2000. Hang in there. You are looking into this surgery to SAVE your life, so don't even think about dying! You are in my prayers. Love, Jo
mom2jaime
on 10/26/03 5:08 am - Rochester, NH
Hi Janie: Sorry to hear of your troubles - we have another member in the NH Seacoasters Support Group - that is going through the same trouble you are. I am inviting you to our next support group meeting - Wednesday, Novembr 5th - 6pm at First Parish Church, Congregational, 176 West High Street, Somersworth. Social time/free clothing swap: 6-7pm Meeting: 7-9pm I have also started a Web page which I invite you to join: www.yahoogroups.com/nhseacoasters Once you sign up, I will approve you to join. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] I would love to see you again. I look forward to hearing from you. Hang in there - we are here to support you in your journey. Linda Breden
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 476 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 815 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1571 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5039 views