Getting scared

gloria V.
on 11/16/03 6:31 am - Salem, MA
Hi, I have posted before, my name is Gloria...I am having lapband surgery on December 15th. I have been to the (chat room) and it seems people there are not very supportive at all of lapband..I had people almost screaming at me..why will you do that..90% fail rete ex...I am looking for a little support, I have been downed enough weighing over 400 lbs...I feel this is a big step for me. I have done every thing the Doctors have told me to, I have consistantly lost weight, been on a 500 caloria liquid protien diet, I am proving to my self that I just need the extra help..a tool...lapband..I am afraid to have bypass I dont want my anatomy all messed up..yes at one point I was really going to do it, but then I heard of the poor lady in Boston (where I am having my surgery) that died 3 dAYS LATER due to the staple gun misfiring...I just feel in my heart that the band is right for me, and the success rate is not all that low. I also just joined a (support group ) on line, and my first impression was awfull...people arguing about the simplest things, and it seems that some who have been post op for a long time forget how it is to be so obese and desperate....I don't know maybe I am rambling, it is just that I am frightened, and thrilled at the same time, wish I had some one to talk to some times..about the surgery ex...some one who understands. I really have a good ear also....thanks again to you wariana for inviting me to the group,l was just having a bad night as it was..and the back and forth posts were overwhelming, but I am also one who speaks her mind ..I feel you there...God Bless Gloria
Ellen K.
on 11/18/03 11:47 pm - Northwood, NH
Gloria, I had laproscopic gastric bypass back on September 3. I have lost 55 pounds and am doing really well. I think it is awful that people are giving you are hard time about what type of surgery you are choosing. I didn't have that surgery because I heard you don't loose as much weight, but I don't blame you for not wanting to have your anatomy messed with. I am here for you and will give you all the support I can. I am really sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with others and if you need to talk, please feel free to write to me. Good luck! Ellen [email protected]
Jean A.
on 11/20/03 10:55 am - Manchester, NH
Dear Gloria, You should have whatever surgery you and your doctor agree is best for you. Other people can tell you their opinion, but you are the one walking in your shoes!! Sounds like you have done your homework on this. The terrible situation in Boston seems to me to be based on equipment failure, not on doctor incompetence, but it sure is a scary thing, isn't it? Keep on looking for support, and try to be focused on the positive things! I'll be thinking of you, and you are welcome to e-mail me, if you like. Hang in, and God Bless, Nanajean in NH
Nancy N.
on 11/21/03 9:51 pm - Atkinson, NH
Gloria, You are taking a major step in a longer healthier life. Try to find a place where people support your efforts, not try to change you. I'm having my surgery in Boston the week before you. It's tough to try to stay positive about our decision when it's all over the news about people dying. I'm sure we'll both do fine and have a successfull weight loss journey. God Bless!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 476 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 815 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1571 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5039 views