Cigna Guidelines - refused!

jennfr
on 3/10/04 6:43 am - Rochester, NH
Hello! I am going through the process of getting the surgery (met w/ surgeon today and going through the program). However, I called my insurance company today (Cigna, HMO) to get a copy of the guidelines or atleast be told what they are and they refused to even give me any information. Does anyone happen to have the guidelines? Or, have any suggestions on how to get this information? Thanks in advance for your help.
jellyroll
on 3/10/04 9:01 am - NH
Insurance companies can be hard to deal with. It could also have been the person you talked to. I would try to call again and maybe you will get someone who will actually help you. If not then your doctor will definately have the info! Have you tried the Cigna web-site? Or post on the main board and someone might be able to help you! Good Luck and if you feel like talking, just email me. I havent had the procedure yet but am going thru the steps. What doc do you have?? Thanks Chris
jennfr
on 3/14/04 9:42 pm - Rochester, NH
Thanks, Chris! I did call back (a couple times) and finally a woman was willing to help and read the guidelines. Although she couldn't fax them, she gave them to me slow enough so I could jot them down. I also spoke to my surgeon's physician assistant who told me that she does have the guidelines with her (which is a plus!). I am going to Dr. Lambert in Dover. He is SO nice and takes the time to talk to you and has a great personality. Although is is new to this type of surgery (the program is new to the hospital), he is on his way and knows his stuff. I could have the surgery in 4 months (which is fairly quickly) however, I don't have a medically supervised diet (which insurance requires a 6 month supervised diet in order for approval) so I am working on that. If you would like, just email me and we can talk...go through the steps together. Sincerely, Jenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 469 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 806 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1563 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5031 views