HELP!! need new dr. for fill

3grlsmom
on 9/6/11 10:45 pm
 Hey everyone........I need a fill.  Dr. Jean Baptiste was my surgeon (yes, I loved him!) and now I need a different dr.  The "banding cenetr" will cost about 500.00$$  for a fill there.  (Includes dr)  .  Way too much........  I used to pay 50!

Yesterday I called 7 dr.s and because I was not their patient originally - they wont touch me.  Now what?  

karen

Karen in NJ 

princess212
on 9/7/11 2:43 am
Hello,

I would definitely recommend Dr. Ragui Sadek, who leads the Robert Wood Johnson-New Brunswick Bariatric Program in Somerset NJ.  He does fills for many of friends and is very reasonably priced.  He does the fills himself, which is great.  His office number is 732-640-5327.   Good luck
3grlsmom
on 9/16/11 11:32 pm
 Can you give me a call if you get this message over the weekend @ 732 740 0449.  Thanks a lot!!

karen

Karen in NJ 

jetlag2740
on 9/7/11 4:34 am
The Banding Centers of America provides surgeons and their patients an alternative to hospital-based adjustments. Currently the Banding center is an out of network facility, and we are negotiating with several insurance providers to become an in-network entity. The $50 fee for Dr. Baptiste was a result of his practice being an in network provider for your insurance.

We routinely submit insurance claims to the patient's carrier in order to cover the costs of the patient's adjustment. Should insurance not cover our charges, the most any patient would pay out of pocket for the facility fee is $200.00. Of course, the participating surgeons that use the Banding Center charge their professional fee as well. However, some or all of the surgeon's fees may be covered by insurance based on the patient's plan and the surgeon's contract with the insurance carrier.

With all the different plans out there, and the constantly changing rules regarding health insurance,
its always best to consult with your insurance provider.

Sharon G.
on 9/13/11 10:13 am - Middlesex County, NJ
Yes, I know how you feel, JB was my doctor also, I'm so upset, I had to have emergency surgery in August to have my band taken out, it slipped and he wasn't around...I went to dr. Sadek, l love, love him....really nice guy just like JB....definitely go to him, you ll be very happy...Good luck

3grlsmom
on 9/13/11 10:18 am
 I have an appt. on MOnday.........thanks a lot!!       karen
Karen in NJ 

rbb825
on 9/23/11 4:23 pm - Suffern, NY
I don't know if you already found someone but you might want to try Dr Garth Ballantyne at Hackensack Medical Center. He didnt' do my gastric bypass because of insurance reasons but he did a few other surgeries on me and he is great.  I know he takes alot of different insurances and his office staff is wonderful, they will answer any billing questions you may have.

The last time I used him, his phone number was 1-800-lap-surg, not sure if it is the same but you can try, otherwise, contact hackensack medical center for the number.

Most Active