Crying

MovingGYG
on 10/14/10 3:14 am, edited 10/14/10 4:25 am - Santa Fe, NM
I had to go to the bathroom and shed a few tears OF JOY at work a few minutes ago.  I have been approved according to my insurance company for my lap band!  My bariatric center has not received the approval yet but they will.

What a life changing experience this has been and will continue to be...   I have completed my 6 months of supervised monitoring and weight loss and have made significant changes that will support me along my new path to a healthier life.  I must say I feel like I am hatching out of an egg and the best it yet to come.  Please don't think that I am not being objective about what the future holds because I have researched this for literally years.  I know that I have challeges to face in the future but I also know that I am strong and will survive the slippery slopes!

Only one person knows about this at my work but I will come out once I have a date scheduled.  It could be in three weeks.

Just needed to share with others moving down the same path that I am.

kat87120
on 10/17/10 9:21 am - Albuquerque, NM
CONGRATS!  CONGRATS!  CONGRATS!!!!  Keep us posted and know that you have a lot of support here!  WHOO HOOOO!!!
Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

melly37
on 12/20/10 12:53 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
That's awesome!  Have you had your surgery yet?  Good luck!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

MovingGYG
on 12/20/10 6:54 am - Santa Fe, NM
Hi Everyone - I had my surgery on Nov. 4 and my first fill on Nov. 29.  I think I am doing great.  The weight loss seems a little slow but I am not in my "green zone".  I must say that WLS is the best thing that I have done for my health!  Look out 2011!
Most Active