Good Friday Monrning New Mexico!

Misty G.
on 12/18/03 8:18 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Do you have snow? We dont have any, not even rain. I have some peeved kids upstairs right now! Luckily school is still on, YES!!! Anyhow, it is so early here, well, ok it is 700 here, that is like 5 there! So, lets get a count here, how many people are pre op and how many are post op? I am post op, by almost 4 months, down 70 pounds today!And why arent people posting more? I think it is that there are not a lot of Drs doing the surgery in NM, and maybe lots of people who know about the surgery, dont know about the website, my DR told me about the site, so... Good morning to you too Martina. Are you pre or post? Who is your DR? Oh yeah, of those of us that are post....can you east cereal, with the milk? That kicks my skinner now than yesterday butt! I still do it though, just cant live without my cheerios! Anyhow, time to go, lots to do to get the kids off to school today! I really hope to hear from some poeple, dont be shy, just post what you are thinking, or questions, as long as its not about the drs there, I think that I can probably help a far as post op questions, not that I am a know it all, but I researched this long and hard before I did it, and of course, I am living the post op stuff! Have a good day New Mexico! Misty
marmijo
on 12/18/03 9:46 pm - NM
I am just beginning my journey, I am going in January for my first appt with the Dr I hope will do my surgery.
Shayna Rochel A.
on 12/19/03 3:26 am - Monsey, NY
Hi Misty, Hi everyone, It's so nice to have NM people to chat with. I hope everyone is looking forward to their weekend. Tonight starts Chanukah. So I'm looking forward to that. I am pre-op. I'm scheduled for 2/23/04 to be banded in NY. Gotta run, lots to do yet today. Hope everyone has a faaabulous weekend. Shayna Rochel Abramowitz
Richard L.
on 12/19/03 1:23 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hi again, I have my initial consult in Mar 2004...
Misty G.
on 12/19/03 10:00 pm - Albuquerque, NM
who is your DR? and how long have you had to wait? I had to wait for about 9 months, but there was a weird situation with the military dr leaving to retire and start his own practice and then having NO dr at the naval hospital ( the only place out here that does military ) and then the new drs ( 2 ) got here and now my friend who is on the list was told that from the day of her orientation class, it shouldnt be more than 3 months....it was about 6 months from mine and I got lucky, when the leaving dr wanted someone to go thru all the appts with hew new crew so they could learn, I was the lucky one that could do it, so I got bumped up on the list, but anyway, what kinds of problems have you had? Misty
Tiffany M.
on 12/20/03 12:02 am - Ruidoso, NM
Hi There, I was a month post op as of yesterday. I had surgery at UNMH with a great Doctor. I have lost 48pds, but I still don't see a big change. I have 115pds left to go and the holidays are a challenge. My mind wants to eat up everything, but I stomach says whoa! after 3 or 4 bites. I would love to have some local buddies, I can't find anyone here in Ruidoso. Our little resort town is about to fill up fast this weekend. And I dont even get a day off this holiday. Merry Christmas to everyone. Stay healthy
Misty G.
on 12/20/03 4:35 am - Albuquerque, NM
Well, Im not local, but Ill be your bubby! Congrats on being post op! It is so great to be a loser! I tell you the happiest day in the journey was when I did my BMI and I was not obese anymore, I was just overweight! Kinda silly but it is a big thing ( no pun intended! ) to me! 48 pounds? Good for you! I am 3 months and 17 days, and I am 80.5 pounds lighter than I was before! I had my surgery here in Va, at the Naval Hospital. I love my DR and I hate to leave him, but I would rather be home in Albuquerque! Anyhow, I had better go now, time to make another trip to the thrift store to drop off some stuff! You never know how much un-needed stuff that you have until you move...Atleast I get to get rid off my old to big jeans, that is a good feeling to when a pair of jeans doesnt fit because it is TO BIG!!! Happy day all, Misty
Most Active