MEXICAN FOOD??????

EJGURULE
on 12/31/03 10:14 am - TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, NM
HELLO I'M 1 MONTH POST-OP AND I WAS CURIOUS WHAT KIND OF MEXICAN FOOD CAN WE EAT???? IF ANY?? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC????? IE. POSOLE, MENUDO,TAMALES???????
marmijo
on 1/1/04 6:28 am - NM
I am pre-op and would like to the answer to these questions,too. Everyone I talk to seems to say that its trial and error and everyone is different. I have two friends that have had this surgery and one of them eats everything and the other can't tolerate the corn in the tamales or the menudo, (unless its well cooked till its almost falling apart). Please let me know how you tolerate the chile. How much have you lost so far?
shcarrigan
on 1/3/04 1:14 am - la center, wa
Hi!!! I am 6 months post op and I can eat mexican food. Hot foods don't bother me, I can eat tamales and chili with out a problem. I tried posole last week but it bothered me. it sat in my pouch for a long time and made me feel yucky so I won't eat it again. It is trial and error. Things I could eat 2 months post Op I can't now. and things I couldn't eat then I enjoy now. Around 5 months there was a big change in what I could eat. Now I can enjoy almost everything just in a small portion. I try everything food wise, Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Follow your doctors advice and do what they say for the best result! Best of luck to you! Sarinda
ndorsett
on 1/24/04 8:19 am - Kingsland, TX
As everyone has said, it's a trial and error issue. I can eat white corn tortillas, but not yellow corn. The same thing goes for cornbread. The strangest thing is I can eat yellow whole kernel or cream style corn, but not yellow meal. You just have to give it a try. Good Luck Natalie
Most Active