Anyone know about Amerigroup/Medicaid Approvals?

BossLadyRN
on 10/8/10 9:15 am - Henderson, NV
Hello all.
I am glad to be placing my first topic on board. I have been referred for weight-loss surgery with Dr. Umbach. I hear such great things about him. I know lots of his recent patients and they literally RAVE about his office staff and his bedside manners. They also say he is very aggressive with insurance approvals.

Ok, now the main question:
Has anyone been/heard of approvals from Amerigroup? I have spoken to the insurance company. They say they will cover the Lap-Band and the bypass, but not the sleeve, which I don't want anyway. I also asked the staff at the surgeons office, and they confirmed the same. I am just curious of how long the approval will take, what are the cir****tances, and the possibility of an approval. Want to know what I am up against, or should I switch coverage.

I am excited about this whole life changing event. I have always been a plus sized DIVA, but I am 27 years old now, and I have developed HTN. I have children and a husband to be here for. The choice was simple, now I wish I can say the same for the insurance approval.

ANY insight is welcomed!
Thanks

Most Active