Desert Spring Hospital

Shana16
on 1/18/11 12:57 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I am wondering if you had to pay for your surgery up front or did they bill you for it?  My insurence is United Health Care I have to pay 20% with no out of pocket.  It was just submitted today. Thanks very much Shana
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

LVJ **
on 1/19/11 5:52 am - NV

I did have to pay my  entire deductible and a deposit on my co-insurance up front. Although my procedure was not at Desert Springs, it was at one of their "sister facilities." Even as an employee of the hospital, I was required to pay because it was an elective procedure.

Most "elective" surgery procedures must be paid (at least a deposit) on or before the day of surgery.  You probably have an annual deductible, then you pay your co-insurance (20% of "contracted rate") with an out of pocket maximum of X amount of dollars. That is how most PPO insurances work. The amount a hospital requires is per their own written policy. If you have not met your deductible (which unless you've paid your Surgeon, you may not have. They reset on January 1st.  The hospital will probably require you to pay your deductible in full. I would contact your insurance company and verify your exact benefits just for your own personal knowledge.  Then you are prepared before calling the hospital.

You can call the hospital and ask for the Financial Counselor. I believe her name is Paula and her phone number is 702-369-7522 They will be able to tell you what you will be required to pay prior to going back to the OR.

Good luck to you!

leesasanders
on 2/16/11 3:37 pm - NV
I too have United health care and had my surgery at Desert Springs Hospital and they billed me for the balance this was in Sept 2010.

Shana16
on 2/16/11 5:37 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hello,
They keep telling my that I have to pay for it up front. But it is not to bad 1000.00.  I thought it was going to be 3500.00,is a lot easier coming up with 1000.  Did you like the care?  What doc did you use? Thanks talk soon.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

leesasanders
on 2/20/11 2:35 pm - NV
The care was great, and my Dr is Umbach, he truely saved my life I will never in my lifetime ever be able to thank him and his staff enough. They made the entire process smooth and easy to understand.

Most Active